Unable to save as Cloud Documents (.psdc); only saves to local (.psd)

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to be the case that my Photoshop documents would get automatically saved as PSDC files (Cloud Documents), but starting around yesterday, every time I try to save a document, it would open Finder (on a Mac) and have me choose a local directory to save it to. I want these files to only exist in Creative Cloud, not in my local directory. I'm not sure what's changed and I tried logging out and back in, but that did not seem to help. 

Any help or insight is appreciated. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @dzenilee !

When you try to go to File>Save as - do you get any options to save to cloud like the window below?

Chris486_1-1660411615646.png

You can also check your settings under Edit>Preferences>file handling

to see if Cloud saving had been turned off for some reason?

Chris486_2-1660411757288.png

This article may help troubleshoot as well.

Issue while creating or saving a cloud document in Photoshop (adobe.com)

Let us know if have more details to share and we will try to troubleshoot!

-Chris

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, thanks for replying. I do get that option in your first screenshot, but it wasn't opening the "Save to Creative Cloud" window like before, so I could only save to a local directory. Having said that, it is now working again all of a sudden. I really have no idea what made it work again. I haven't downloaded any updates. 🤷‍:female_sign:

That's good to know about the File handling option, thank you. I also see that the default is/has been set to Creative Cloud. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Save time with Adobe Express quick actions