• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save Photoshop 2021 Actions

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love actions, but I am currently using Photoshop 2021and it is refusing to let save my actions? Would love to be able to save, share and use my actions on other computer.

The Save Action button is grayed out?

Please help.Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 12.53.48 PM.png

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says Save ActionS, which is somewhat of a hint 😉

You can only save folders, so select one or drag action(s) into new folder(s).

Saving them to your own "safe place" after every critical change is a must (IMO).

For your own or new actions, best start a new folder that is not Default Actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to highlight and save the Action Set (folder) to save it to .atn file... The Default Action set may be automatically or accidentally reset and it will then replace your custom actions stored within this set.

My advice is to create a brand new set, then drag your custom actions out of the Default Actions set into your new set. 

myactions.png

Then save the new set to your drive and make a backup of the saved .atn file.

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2017/01/photoshop-custom-action-file-backup.html?m=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When it comes to actions it does not work as you may expect. It is not possible to select individual action or multiple actions and to save them. Instead you must select action set as already explained in order to make Save Actions available.

save action set.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines