• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save the raw conversion settings in camera raw

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When working on an (up-to-date) iMac in Bridge and opening a RAW file and making adjustments in camera raw, I click done and get the message Unable to save the raw conversion settings. Unknown error. I've used 'First Aid' on the iMac, shut the computer off and restarted and that fixed the problem temporarily but the issue resurfaces very shortly afterwards. The only apps I'm using is Bridge CC and Photoshop CC and occasionally Lightroom CC. All apps are up-to-date from the Cloud.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Did you reset the Bridge preferences as suggested?

Finally a FIX for "Unable to Save Camera Raw Data" Error Message

Everything is now working and even better than before....

Let me know when you find this message and if it works for you too....Fix Unable to Save.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this as did the Adobe tech who had full access and control of the laptop.  The tech received the same response as I did previous to reaching out to Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional testing on this issue revealed the edited raw file is, in fact, being saved, however, I get the error message referenced above and the Bridge thumbnails are not updated. When opening the DNG file in Photoshop, the file does open in Camera Raw and the file reflects the adjustments I had previously made. Now when I go back to Bridge, the thumbnail does reflect the change. In reference to the possible solution submitted earlier, I do have read-write permissions enabled of the drive to where I have the photos stored and to where I am saving the (xmp) file. Sounds like it may be an issue in Bridge. Do you think uninstalling Bridge and then re-installing the app may help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reset the Bridge preferences as suggested?

Finally a FIX for "Unable to Save Camera Raw Data" Error Message

Everything is now working and even better than before....

Let me know when you find this message and if it works for you too....Fix Unable to Save.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. This seems to have fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I've done everything suggested here (PC) and cannot fix this problem. Updated to Bridge CC 2019 and I still have the error on random jpgs.  I have full permissions on the entire PC, and not every file does this. Any other solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reset the Camera Raw Preferences (as illustrated) multiple times.

I am in Bridge 2019, Mac OS Mojave, and the error keeps returning whether I save the Camera Raw Cache to my internal, or an external drive.

It is currently very exasperating to reset my defaults and now also having to recheck all my favorited presets each time. Does the index.dat file found in the Adobe Camera Raw Cache folder serve as the backup for all these settings?

This is nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting this message, has anyone figured out a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I know your post was a couple of years ago now so you've probably already switched over to capture one and don't blame you.

I have just started using Photoshop CC and was having the same problem with raw conversions not being saved when I looking at the files in bridge.... I found a solution that is working for now -

Go into bridge- camera raw preference - performance- turn off graphics card..... it doesn't make sense but it worked. It now allows me to save raw conversions.

20BC73DD-D340-4DB9-BC8D-1238CF7E0726.jpeg

 Working in bridge is a vital part of my work flow and has been for the last 15yrs. I've had CS5 for the last 10yrs and it's been working like a dream.... a good reliable work horse.

im not very impressed with the photoshop CC so far. I've lost days of work time trying to figure this issue out... rang support many times and all support people had no idea and basically said must be an issue with my computer or permissions with card etc.... no help at all....

if this is the new photoshop, I'll be seriously looking into capture one too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, all my Adobe apps are up to date as well as my MacBook.  The help desk tech had full accessories to my computer and was coming up with the same response as I did before reaching out.  
The technician removed Bridge, Photoshop and reinstalled the programs and came up with the same response.  Previous me trying to edit my images on my laptop I had no issue when I tried to use Bridge.  I do not rely on my laptop to do my work and I have been using it for class work, using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.  I have been using as I said for class work and have not received any response that I am unable to save my work.

I hope you can help me and reach call me to clear up my issues with Bridge on my laptop

Patrick 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Patrick22237003m9nn wrote:

I hope you can help me and reach call me to clear up my issues with Bridge on my laptop

Patrick 

Who is you?

When you say all is up to date, I still prefer getting version numbers. First, it may well be that not all is up to date. Second, it is always good to see absolute version numbers, because "up to date" will mean soon a different version.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
MacOs Catalina 10.15.7
Bridge Version 12.03.270
Photoshop Version 23.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines