Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Unable to use swatches

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop will not let me use a color unless I've specifically used the eyedropper tool or adjusted it in the color window. It will not let me use my swatches at all. It will say I have a swatch color selected but will only draw an eye dropped or color window color. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Example provided: 

larissao30545112_0-1637041997334.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to hit "reset preferences on quit" and the swatches work now at least. Now I've gotta get my windows back the way I like them and figure out where the preview window went.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you ever saved your Workspace (Window > Workspace > …)? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines