• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Undefined error on launching PS 2019 "Could not complete the command because of a program error"

Contributor ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I open the latest version of PS (20.0.4 - CC2019 on Mac OSX 10.13.6) I get the following message in a dedicated window: "Could not complete the command because of a program error".

The only thing I have done is to start up the application, not requested a specific document or anything else. This message has appeared every time I have attempted to open the app, but once dismissed, everything seems to work as expected. I say 'seems' as I have not tested everything, but basic functionality is there and I have been able to work on projects as normal.

My system easily exceeds the recommended specs and is as follows:

OSX 10.13.6 (High Sierra)

MacPro 5,1 3.33 GHz 6-Core

48GB RAM

Nvidia GTX 680 Mac edition 2GB VRAM

6G SSD system drive

Media on external RAID 5 system connected via eSATA

I do still have CC2018 installed, would that cause a conflict?

Everything else works beautifully, including Illustrator, PP, AE and the other CC apps.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I found reference to the same problem in previous versions, but nothing since 2013 and no solutions suggested.

Thanks for any help!

Dominic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dominic!

Having a previous version (2018) installed would not cause this error. Have you tried reinstalling 2019?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines