• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unmasked adjustment layers inside masked groups cause issues when exporting lower groups

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I just spent some time with a coworker trying to figure out why a group of layers was exporting with a hot pink tint where it was properly displaying as green in the canvas. It seems as though, if an adjustment layer does not have a mask, but is inside of a masked group, the group's mask will not be considered when exporting. 

Please see the attached image, it shows the discrepancy between what is displayed on the canvas, and what is actually being exported through the asset generator. 

We are working around this issue by either setting the blend mode of the group with the adjustment layer inside to 'normal' rather than 'pass through' OR moving or copying the mask onto the adjustment layer itself. But it does seem inconsistent that layers are showing up 1 way, but exporting differently. 

I did just updated to 22.5.1 to see if it would keep happening and it is. I'm on windows 10.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post the source PSD as well so I'm comparing apples to apples to try and troubleshoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! does it still occur on /Ps 23?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines