• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unsigned extension

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created my own panel that I use in photoshop 2020. It works fine there but with the new release of photoshop 2021, when I open the panel I get a message that is unsigned.  How do I sign it or how can I get 2021 to load it without it being signed?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

You can create a self-signed certificate and use that to sign your extension using the zxpsigncmd. In order to use the unsigned version, you would need to set the debug mode for CEP10(i suppose PS2021 is shipped with this version). See the documentation on this for more details.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a self-signed certificate and use that to sign your extension using the zxpsigncmd. In order to use the unsigned version, you would need to set the debug mode for CEP10(i suppose PS2021 is shipped with this version). See the documentation on this for more details.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this worked but does this mean every time I make a change to the panel I have to regenerate a signed copy to move over to photoshop?  I know you gave me directions to go into debug mode but I also saw in the documentation that the signed copied was if it was going onto another machine. I'm working on the same machine so should I be able to move files with signing?  I am using Eclipse for development and the working directory for creating the files is on a differnt hardware drive but both the photoshop harddrive and the building directory our on the same machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No you do not need to sign it each time you update it. I do this all the time, as long you have entered the debug codes. You can use unsigned extension without any signing issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The idea is simple, during the development phase, you should work with the debug mode on. This will allow you to make changes to the extension folder content and still load it. Once the development is complete, you can ship the extension after signing it. Signing prevents code changes. If something is changed in the folder after signing, then the extension will cease to load. If you have created the extension for your own needs and make changes to the folder content, I would suggest using the debug mode and avoiding signing altogether.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines