• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unusable: How Photoshop's Bugs Are Hindering My Work.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's disappointing that I have to look for alternative software to replace Photoshop, which I've been using since 2015. Recently, I have experienced several bugs and glitches that have made it difficult to work effectively, including issues with the canvas and unresponsive shortcuts. The most concerning problem has been the software freezing, causing me to lose hours of work and resulting in a black canvas with only one layer. This has been incredibly disheartening and has caused a significant loss of precious work time. 

I wish that the developers would prioritize fixing these issues rather than adding new and unnecessary features.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I spent a couple of days trying to get my Rulers back....Community members found a shortcut to do that but who knows when Adobe will actually correct the issue. I also noticed that when I create Shortcuts, they dissappear when I next access Photo Shop. Is anyone having similar problems with the Shortcuts? Both Shortcuts and the Rulers are a couple of the most used tools in PS. I can't believe someone at Adobe fdidn't see the issue earlier.  Adobe needs to spend more time beta testing their programs and if a problem arises, they need to spend extra time getting it resolved. I too am happy with the existing versions of PS and wish they would take more time to beta test new features to make sure they don't cause issues with the existing program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most concerning problem has been the software freezing

By @Aninoss Pro

That is usually GPU related. Can you go to Help > System Info and paste the whole thing in a reply? Hopefully someone can spot what the problem might be.

Photoshop draws on advanced GPU functions, and it can expose latent problems not seen in other applications. Not saying there aren't bugs in Photoshop, but pretty often the problems are outside Photoshop.

Just to get it out of the way, try to reset preferences first. Corrupt preferences can cause unpredictable and erratic behavior. For a complete reset, move the whole preferences folder to the desktop and relaunch Photoshop. It will all be recreated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my previous bug reports, I mentioned an issue that I've been experiencing consistently. Another Community Expert suggested that it might be related to my GPU, which at the time was a GTX 1060. I followed their advice and upgraded to a newer RTX 3060, hoping to avoid the same problem. Unfortunately, I still encountered the same issue despite the upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines