Update 23.5.1: HORRIBLE UPDATE

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was forced to reinstall and keep the previous version because version 23.5.1 is unstable, full of bugs and crashing all the time with me. The main problems I saw were related to GPU compatibility. When using the zoom tool, text and graphics are serrated. Copying and pasting images from Photoshop to other programs would crash and force me to restart the application. Advice: stay on version 23.4.2

TOPICS
Cross-app workflows , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No such issues here. What GPU do you have and what version of its driver are you using?

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My GPU is a NVIDIA GeForce 730 and my Windows version 11. There are no recent updated drivers for my device and I will not buy another graphics card as my PSD works perfectly until version 23.4.2

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that the Geforce GT730M where the last update was 425.31 in 2019

or the Geforce GT730 where the last update was 473.81 in 2022?

https://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/Find.aspx

Either way it is now an 8 year old card and Photoshop is moving more and more functionality toward the GPU. It does support DirectX 12, which is a requirement for Photoshop,  but only for DirectX 11 features i.e. not the full feature set.  If you are running the latest drivers and have problems then you may need to stick with an earlier version of Photoshop.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The recommended minimum speed is 2,000 ops/sec for graphics cards/GPU.

The GT730M clocks in at 672. There is no way it will run effectively on current Photoshop versions.

Mobile phones have a better GPU processor than this comparitively.

You have two choices: 1. Stay on the version of PS that supports this outdated tech or

2. Upgrade your graphics card to the minimum recommended specs.

Kevin Stohlmeyer
Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Augusto23876326guol sorry to hear that, Curious if you tried:

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur? 

Thank you,

-- Cory

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Disable Native Canvas"  is for the 3D layers isn't?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deactivate Native Canvas pushes some of the GPU based compositing functionality back to the CPU

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don´t know, dear Cory. My PSD is the previous version and it works perfectly. I won't risk updating and going wrong.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a traumatic experience, big thanks I was thinking about updating it today and you've saved my time.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. This is why disabling GPU is an option as more and more functionality moves to the GPU in newer versions of many Adobe products.
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

IF you want to go back to previous versions, the process is below, then disable Auto Update in Adobe Creative Cloud. 
In Adobe Creative Cloud, select the product you wish to roll back, click on the three dots and select "Other Versions".

You can fix the GPU issues or stick with older versions that support older buggy GPUs; your call. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines