• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

update not wotk

New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prior to the new updates from 22.3.1 the envy K4200 framework video card is no longer managed as a graphics accelerator. Should I replace it with a newer card? Is it possible to find a list of video cards compatible with versions after 22.3? Or is it a bug that will be fixed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the K4200 an old video card?  I would have thought that any Quadro card could be made to work with Photoshop, although there might be glitches.  The last coulple of updates have been an attempt to fix some issues, so you won't be missing anything if you roll back to where your card works.  Meanwhile you should mention the problem on the Feedback site so the right people know about it.

I'm assuming your driver is up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, absolutely as requested in the preferences, I updated the drive to the latest version available.
Where can I report the problem for the right people to understand? can you send me a link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can report it here

https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/photoshop/5f5f2092785c1f1e6cc4086b?page=1

Your GPU was released in 2014, did you add Photoshop.exe to the Nvidia control panel

2021-05-21 12_07_38-NVIDIA Control Panel.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are updating the core graphics functions in Photoshop. This is driven by the operating systems of Apple and Microsoft in which the old Open GL functions are being removed in the case of Apple, or deprecated in the case of Microsoft. This means that the graphics functions that have worked for years must be rewritten to use Metal and Direct X. At the same time, Adobe are sensibly updating those core functions to deliver the additional speed we require to handle the very large files of today.

Led by the changes being made above, Adobe introduced new GPU checks in 23.3.1. Unfortunately, these caused issues and have therefore been revised for v22.4. That means that many GPUs that incorrectly did not work in 22.3.1 will now be seen in 22.4 or 22.4.1 and will function.

Unfortunately, the move to update the core graphics functions will mean that some older GPUs may no longer be suitable or recognised. If you are using 22.4 and your GPU is still not recognised (and you only have a single GPU enabled, with an up to date driver – conflicting GPUs remain an issue) then you could try and force Photoshop to use your older GPU by creating a file PSUserConfig.txt containing the lines:
# Force GPU On
GPUForce 1
Save that text file to :
Windows: [InstallationDrive]:\Users \ [UserName]\ AppData\ Roaming\ Adobe\ [Photoshop_version]\[Photoshop_version]Settings\
macOS: //Users/[UserName]/Library/Preferences/[Photoshop_version]Settings/
Note though that this is requires 22.4 or 22.4.1 and is not officially supported by Adobe, so may cause other issues – so you do it at your own risk

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davescm 

I have a Nvidia qaudro p620 in my work PC, Photoshop 22.3.1 didn't detect it, updated to version 22.4 still not detected, unistalled version 22.4, deleted the preferences from the appdata folder, reinstalled 22.4 and updated to 22.4.1 and re-added Phtoshop.exe in the Nvidia control panel and Photoshop detected the GPU, rebooted the PC about 5 times and the GPU was still been detected.

Rebooted again and it was gone, closed Photoshop re-added Photoshop.exe back into the Nvidia control panel and Photoshop detected it again, so there seems to be something wrong with how Photoshop is detecting some GPU's, the p620 was released in 2018 so not that old of a card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try forcing it whilst that is looked at Ged?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave

I did try forcing it at one time but Photoshop kept crashing when I tried to go into preferences, so I had to undo that.

It's been detected at the moment just by adding Photoshop.exe back into the Nvidia control panel as I mentioned above.

Just to add, did another reboot no GPU again, closed PS added PS.exe in the Nvidia control again and the GPU's there again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting Ged, you normally only need to do that in order to set application specific GPU settings or force the card when two GPUs are installed.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, it's a stange one, at least I have a quick fix for whenever I do a reboot 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tnx to all now work i am happy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines