• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update re: macOS 13 Ventura and Photoshop 24?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any update re: the issues with the new macOS 13 Ventura and Photoshop v24.x? Should I continue to wait to update the OS on my 24" M1 Mac? The last know information from Adobe is from Oct. 29 (https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-ventura.html).

Thank you

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

This is what's been fixed in 24.0.1 specifically:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Running macOS 13.0.1 and 24.0.1, I'm not seeing any egregious issues, to be honest, haven't seen the issues outlined in the URL you provided.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what's been fixed in 24.0.1 specifically:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Running macOS 13.0.1 and 24.0.1, I'm not seeing any egregious issues, to be honest, haven't seen the issues outlined in the URL you provided.  

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only problem I am having is printing to an Epson P800 (with the newest updated driver) from PS 24.0.1 in Mac OS 13 Ventura with Photoshop managing color. The printer settings dialog box has changed. I can no longer save printer settings presets. It's hard to tell if the presets I manually make are sticking.  I should have waited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested the P800 here, 24.0.1, and no issues. The output matches the last version of PS and macOS exactly. I always do a test with new OSs and versions of Photoshop. Yes, the GUI has changed (a lot) but no, if you use the correct settings, you should see the same results. 

I have stopped using presets IN the Epson driver because they can't (should never) be used in Lightroom Classic. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew! I don't use Lightroom. In Photoshop, the presets have always been convenient and worked for me. The problem I've noticed is that if I make the printer settings and then click save, if I then go straight back into printer settings from the print dialog box the settings are back to some random default (sheet feeder, premium photo glossy paper, Photo Black ink, Epson Standard SRGB color mode, 1440 dpi). The settings don't "stick". It seems like something isn't working right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I just tried another print. This time I was using the sheet feeder and my old printer preset for Ultra Premium Presentation Matte paper worked. Maybe it only doesn't work with front load selected.

By the way, I attended several work shops many years ago where you were a major lecturer and I always found I learned good stuff from you. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Custom Print settings (in the Epson driver) still work. Just made one so I can use in Photoshop but again, I usually don't due to Lightroom Classic. I can't as yet find any issues printing with this (or my 3880) with the last build of Photoshop or macOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I want to be suer I understand you right. Are you saying that even though Apple print dialog presets don't show they are saving printer features they actyally are? With my HP Z9+ in Mac OS Ventura, the OS's print presets do not show the paper type and print quality info being kept. I am going to test if gloss enhancer gets kep now to see if that is working from print to ptint with a preset, because it will be obvious if it is not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I want to be suer I understand you right. Are you saying that even though Apple print dialog presets don't show they are saving printer features they actyally are? With my HP Z9+ in Mac OS Ventura, the OS's print presets do not show the paper type and print quality info being kept. I am going to test if gloss enhancer gets kep now to see if that is working from print to ptint with a preset, because it will be obvious if it is not.

By @SDKeirstead

I can only speak from experience using Epson printers and their drivers. In Lightroom Classic, one should never pick a preset. As seen in the screen capture, I provided, one should only pick "Default Settings."  The settings in a preset are already saved in the user-defined print template. 

EpsonDropdownPreset

Photoshop is much different. Presets are fine there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well thanks for replying, but I have confirmed the HP printer is still having issues, including not being able to enable the gloss enhancer at all, and printer specific presets seemingly not sticking. So I am going to downgrade to Maco OS 12 and hope that I can get everything working as it used to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS 24.1.1
Ventura 13.2.1 (22D68)
Apple M1 Ultra 128 GB

To save presets, I've found that I needed to completely remove the printer from MacOS as well as remove the print driver 12.62 using Epson uninstall 13.2 (uninstall 13.1 hung my system). Then reinstall, in this case a P7000.

I still have color managment issues which will be listed as a separate bug....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just purchased a new Macbook pro with M2 Max chip, running Ventura 13.5.2. I am a photographer and print a lot. I cannot save the print presets on my new laptop and see this has been an issue with Ventura for a while. Can someone from Apple provide a response why this ongoing issue hasn't been fixed. Desperate now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Busbybryant please post on the Apple forums - this is an Adobe community forum, not Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines