• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

updated photoshop NOW my whites are yellow

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

prior to the  update NO issues with WHITE.

suggestions?

Thanks

Gregg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Check your operating system has the correct profile set for your monitor (off colour whites in Photoshop are a classic symptom of a broken/incorrect monitor profile)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Yes, this is very likely a broken monitor profile, distributed through Windows Update (but coming from the monitor/laptop manufacturer). That's the update causing it, not the Photoshop update.

If you don't have a calibrator to make a new profile, use sRGB until you do. It won't be entirely accurate, but better than a broken profile. Relaunch Photoshop to load the new profile when done:

Displayprofile_20_3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your operating system has the correct profile set for your monitor (off colour whites in Photoshop are a classic symptom of a broken/incorrect monitor profile)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I used PS, 4 times week BEFORE the latest PS update, whites were white. AFTER PS UPDATE, whites are yellow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try trashing your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

(Mac OS only) Open the Preferences folder in the Library folder, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.

This action only affects the items found in the preferences dialog box. Numerous program settings are stored in the Adobe Photoshop Preferences file, including general display options, file-saving options, performance options, cursor options, transparency options, type options, and options for plug‑ins and scratch disks. Brushes (and lots of other setting) are not affected by the above instructions for deleting preferences. You may wish to make a screen capture of the settings in the Preferences dialog to reset them prior to deleting of this file. 

And indeed, this really could be a display profile issue so do as Dave suggests!

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, did as you suggested and the image below is what I pulled up:

psissue.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It's tricky to get the key combination down until you've done it a few times. The newer way is Preferences > General > Reset Preferences on Quit.

Have you tried what Dave said though?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running 2 PS on 2 different PCs and the same issue is on the other PC AFTER THE PS RECENT UPDATE.

Yes, I have checked the monitor profile as it applies to my specfic monitors. There are NO updates for the monitor profile according to monitor manufacturer.  

All monitor & graphic card drivers are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you temporarily use the sRGB profile as the monitor profile (just for testing)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

c_pfaffenbichler, Using sRGB like that rules out the possibility of appearance issues caused by a corrupted display profile. But its unlikely to provide accurate onscreen image preview - for that the display screen needs to be calibrated and profiled using a sensor and software.

I hope this helps

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But as D_Fosse also mentioned it can be a method of finding out if the current display profile is the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NB__colourmanagement,

You mentioned that the screen needs to be calibrated and profiled using a sensor and software.

I run windows 10 pro and have a 3 (BenQ) monitor setup. 

Questions:

1. How to calibrate

2. What software and sensor do I obtain?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the best mainstream sensor on the market. There are more expensive ones, but it's highly doubtful they will give a better result in practice:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/798930-REG/X_Rite_EODIS3_i1Display_Pro.html 

It has dichroic glass filters that don't fade, a lens system to minimize stray light affecting the measurement, and is also known for very high inter-unit consistency.

The associated software is more average, but perfectly OK. In any case the sensor is worth the price alone.

The optimal solution is a monitor that supports true hardware calibration. That means the calibrator communicates directly with the internal processor in the monitor, in high bit depth, instead of doing 8-bit adjustments in the video card. Hardware calibration is only available for high-end monitors. The i1 software doesn't do that, but the sensor is supported in all software/monitors combinations that do.

The high end BenQs support this, but unfortunately the BenQ software is known to be pretty buggy at this time. They'll probably figure it out in the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to hold down Option, Command, Shift before I launched Photoshop in order for it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU! This was the ONLY thing that worked after hours of searching for a fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is very likely a broken monitor profile, distributed through Windows Update (but coming from the monitor/laptop manufacturer). That's the update causing it, not the Photoshop update.

If you don't have a calibrator to make a new profile, use sRGB until you do. It won't be entirely accurate, but better than a broken profile. Relaunch Photoshop to load the new profile when done:

Displayprofile_20_3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you -it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! 7/13/21 just now found this thread after constantly being sent to old threads from 2012. I did what jane-e suggested (Preferences > General > Reset Preferences on Quit) then I did what you suggested, Viola! It worked. Really important, as for most creatives as we need accurate color representation for color matching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still working! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That helped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying the ideas below without success, I found a solution. Turn on hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling in the Windows 10 graphics settings.

Notes:

• My Dell XPS15 laptop monitor was showing colors correctly. It was only my Asus PB278Q external monitor that had the yellow problem.
  • I tried both display port and hdmi connections.
  • The problem appeared in Adobe programs like Acrobat and Photoshop and Windows Photos.
  • I have been using the same color profile download from the Asus website for several years; no updates.
  • The discoloration problem started in the last year or two.
  • OS is Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BenQ is notorious for monitor profile problems. They just can't seem to get it right. This is most likely a BenQ bug, not an Adobe bug. 

The fix is to use a calibrator. Which is what you should do in any case, the monitor profile is such an essential component in the Photoshop environment that you need to have full control of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue too, but it only happens when I OPEN a file in Photoshop (no other apps). Therefor a total screen calibrator feels a bit over the top. Sureley there is some other tweak in some settings that can fix this? For a long time I have had an older version of Photoshop on my computer (as well as the latest) because of this issue. Unfortunately on the latest upgrade, Adobe deleted my old 2018 version that worked flawlessly on my monitor. Thanks Adobe! Would you now mind explaining how I can fix this bug? No clear answers above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue too, but it only happens when I OPEN a file in Photoshop (no other apps).

What about Lightroom? What OS are you on? There are many color managed applications on the Mac, they should all match Photoshop, assuming this isn't a GPU or display profile issue.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files look fine in Lightroom. Working on a PC - Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines