• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated PS, now I'm struggling with opening files

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to v22.4.3 and now PS doesn't give an Image Size Dialog box when opening files!? Trying to open / place EPS files into a PS file and PS keeps opening them as 22dpi vs the 150dpi I need. I can't increase the size from 22 to 150 without looking terrible (pixel loss). Why don't get I get an Image Size dialog box option now!?

I'm guessing it's a default preference setting that I'm missing...but I cannot find it ANYWHERE!? TIA

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a known issue with EPS files and the newer PS versions. Try converting to an AI or PDF file and opening. It will retain the vector aspects but give you the open dialog box you are looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply!

Just tried an AI file and got an "Could not open "xxxxx.ai" becasue Photoshop was unable to parse the PostScript." error!?

Just tried a PDF and that seemed to work tho!

Funny as advanced as Adobe / PS is that they would release a version with a basic "bug" like this. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When save your AI format make sure you make it a PDF compatible file (its an option in the save window).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just upgraded to v22.4.3............

Incidentally, the current version is 22.5. I don't think it has a fix for your issue though.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines