• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated to Photoshop 21.0 and it crashes when I use Object Selection Tool.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 21.0 hard crashes and restarts my computer, not just Photoshop, when I try to use the Object Selection Tool.  I am using Windows 10.  I have tried this several times with consistent results.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to Photoshop 21.0.0 and i can`t save or save for. it is only posible to export. Is it a bug or what do i wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. The program crash or freeze all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucas,

Having the same problem, Photoshop Object Selection tool crashes my computer.

Have been working with Adobe support and they claim the source of the problem in my case is the video card, video driver.

Can you tell me the hardware specs of you video card and what driver it is using (most current, or othe)?

L Burke

F35-Jet-BearHead-NoMarkingsOnPlane-ThanksABunch-X50.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Photoshop crashes upon using the object selection tool (Windows 10).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same hard crash problem when using tthe new Object Select tool.

Computer specs:

9700k 10 Core CPU

64GB Ram

nVidia RTX2080ti graphiscs card

Pretty certain it's a serious bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was hoping that today's (11/11/19) bug fix update 21.0.1 addressed this repeatable hard crash (computer completely shuts down and restarts on it's own) whenever the new Object Select tool is used. It does not.

Also have now noticed when I use the "Select Subject" button the same hard crash occurs.

Makes these great new tools totally useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LP,

Experiencing same crash problem when using the Object Selection tool in Photoshop 2020.  Some sent me a post that might be of interest:

========================

Under Windows 10 an application cannot crash the entire PC, but a driver can. I have no issues with the tool using Photoshop 20.0.2 on Windows 10 and using an NVidia GTX 1080 and the studio driver 441.66.

Try re-installing the Nvidia driver and during the install, choose "Advanced" then "Clean Install". That will ensure left over elements from the older installs are completely overwritten.

Dave

========================

I will be looking into replacing my NVIDIA GeForce 1070 which is still under warranty and doing a "clean install" of the latest video driver. 

Will post results.

L Burke

Bear-WithGattlingGun-Screaming_hatItWhenThingsDontWork.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nico,

Have been working with Adobe support and they claim the source of the problem in my case is the video card, video driver.

Can you tell me the hardware specs of you video card and what driver it is using (most current, or othe)?

L BurkeF35-Jet-BearHead-NoMarkingsOnPlane-ThanksABunch-X50.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FX - GIRL - 20,

L Burke

F35-Jet-BearHead-NoMarkingsOnPlane-ThanksABunch-X50.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. I am using NVIDIA GeForce driver Version 441.66 released 12/10/19, however I was using the previous version of the driver when I last tested Photoshop21.  I will test it again with this new driver update and confirm weather or not it is still crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed Photoshop version 21.0.2 and it still hard crashes with the updated NVIDIA drivers, when I try to use the new object selection tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have exactly same problem. I have found that disabling hyperthreading in BIOS helps and computer no longer restarts. Of course, it has an impact on performance. I didn't make any tests, but subjectively, I didn't notice any slowdown in PS nor in Lightroom. At least PS (+computer) is not crashing, so you can try to use it as a temporary workaround. My CPU is Intel i7 4790K + GPU GTX750Ti + 16MB RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. Out of town till 1/15; however, will follow up when I
get home and give you an update.

Best,

G Bear

[image: WorldWar-2-FighterPlane-BearInCockpit-BearForce-ThanksABunch.jpg]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's May 30,2020:  I upgraded to Photoshop 21.1.3 and computer crashed. Another upgrade came on line the other day. Everything worked. Computer didn't crash. I celebrated.

Then, today, I went to work again. Computer crashed while working in Hue, etc. 

I rebooted my Mac, tried again. Everything okay. Maybe. I hope it was just a radom crash.

If Photoshop crashes again, I will use Photoshop 20. Be wise, never erase an old upgrade.

By the way the user interface on this support site stinks. Cannot find a way to start a new thread. When I click on anything--Adobe support, community help, etc.--Adobe asks if I really want to leave this page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gee, think how great it would be if adobe actually tested these new features on various hardware and fixed the bugs before shoving them down our throat.  then  they wouldn't have to blame the users' hardware.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problems when I use Object Selection Tool.

My Spec:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8 Core

NVidia RTX 3070

RAM 16 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is back! (Did it ever go away?)

Photoshop 23.1.1 - Windows 10 - everything up to date.

Lenovo ThinkPad X270, 16GB RAM

Just opening Photoshop and clicking on the Object Selection Tool causes Photoshop to ramp up to using 4GB RAM and 60% of CPU (!!!)

Absolutely ridiculous - Adobe please get your engineers to sort this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Almost 2024, same exact problem first reported in 2019. System halts after object selection tool activated. Windows 10, Ryzen 5 4500U with Radeon integrated graphics.  Latest AMD drivers.  Latest Photoshop update.  No crash reports because the window to report never comes up (yes, my registry is properly set).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines