• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updates from creative cloud makes me insane

New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time there is a new version of the phptoshop the creative clowd is becoming the most annoying thing on the plannet - deletes your existing version and forces you to wait and update the photoshop. Few times already I am getting frustrated customer as I try to show them some work and can't open photoshop as it disapears for update that takes up to an good hour befor can be used again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't want automatic updating, just turn it off. In the CC desktop app. Then you can update when it suits you or not at all.  You also get to choose whether to delete the old version - I would never do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I would never do that."

AFAIK, you have no choice, unless for the big updates.

-
To WebMentors...

For all new programs, go through all the menus and prefs and turn everything OFF (so to speak)... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you're right. For "minor" updates you can't keep the old version because it lives in the same place. This is not a good situation. But I would always keep two functioning versions of any app and update only one at a time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines