• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

upgrade CS6 Adobe Master Collection

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the Adobe Master suite CS6 which I bought when a student in 2013-14.

I signed up to adobe when I bought it but never really bothered with adobe online since then.

In the meantime I changed my email and forgot my password and I am now in the process

of upgrading my Mac, OS X Yosemite to Big Sur, but it is notifying me to upgrade

my Adobe master collection as it will no longer work on Big Sur and I have lost my serial number.

I have just created a new account with Adobe linked to my apple account but of course it does not have details of my purchase and I have lost the serial number.

So my question is: Is my seriall number tucked away somewhere in the Master Collection data base on my computer, or is it recoverable?

Will my photoshop automatically upgrade without having to use my old account to sign in, and how can I recover my details of my previous account from Adobe if I cannot recover my serial number?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Master suite CS6 will not run on Big Sur and there are no updates to make it work, stick with the OS you have, with regards to the serial number you'll need the original email address that you used to purchased it with.

You may be able to find the serial number with MAC KeyFinder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Adobe switched to subscription only with Creative Cloud in 2013, so instead of upgrading you subscribe and no longer need your old serial number or old account info. Plans are here:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Most plans are annual, paid monthly or in a lump sum.

EDIT

Also, because it appears that you have an older computer, confirm that it meets the specs to run the newest Photoshop before you consider upgrading to Big Sur. Otherwise, follow Ged's advice and keep Yosemite on this computer.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your CS6 serial number is useless now, so it's a moot point. CS6 will not run on any reasonably current MacOS'es, and there was never any upgrade from CS6. It was (and still is) a dead end. You'll have to sign up for a new subscription in any case.

The good news is that if you just need Photoshop and Lightroom, it's only $10 a month. If you do the math, you'll find that's substantially cheaper than the old perpetual licenses given the expected lifetime of the software. But other than licensing, it works like it always did, installed on your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incorrect. I have a 2017 iMac dual booting Mojave and Monterey. CS6 Works up to Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mojave’s succesor Catalina came out in 2019 so would you really call Mojave a »reasonably current MacOS«? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who understand the risks and do not engage with the internet, Mojave, even High Sierra is a perfectly reasonable system to use CS6.  That's what I do, then switch over to Monterey on my 27" 2017 iMac with 64gb ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That doesn’t exactly answer the question whether Mojave should be called a »reasonably current MacOS« as you seemed to imply by calling @D Fosse ’s post »incorrect«. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mojave is unsupported and a security risk. Unless you know how to avoid problems, I do not recommend that most people use it for a daily driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines