• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

upgraded Photoshop to 2023

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the version of Nik collection Anyway, I've upgraded my Photoshop to 2023 and cannot get the Nik Collection into the menu "filter" Has anyone else experienced this?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is this the original Nik collection from Google and do you still have the previous version of Photoshop installed

For me the Google folder from the previous version was found here C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Plug-ins

I was able to copy the Google folder from the above location and paste it into C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023\Plug-ins

The Nik filters showed up in the filter menu for 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If  @Ged_Traynor's solution doesn't work for you, then copy the Nik Collection folder from your old adobe version and paste it into C\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC
I had the same problem as you, and I moved my Nik Collection to the above location 2 PS versions ago and not had a problem.

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here but I have an M1 imac.   Can't get it to work even though I moved the Nik folder into the 2023 Photoshop folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CapeSusan 

Did you try copying the folder into the Common Files folder?

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t think I have a Common Files folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CapeSusan 

What operating system do you have?

I'm on Windows and my Common Files folder is here;
C\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC
If you are on Windows and can't see this folder then you need to show hidden files. You can do this following this. . . 

• Open File Explorer from the taskbar. 

• Select the View tab. Go to Options, and select the Change folder and search options.

• Select the View tab. In Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.

• Select Ok.

Hope this helps.

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, but I have a Mac, and no matter where I put the folder it doesnt work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CapeSusan 
For Mac:
macOS: Hard Drive/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/(Photoshop Version number)/file Formats

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx  will try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, got a mac and after trying all this I found a solution,

Go to application, I still have adobe Adobe photoshop 2021, Adobe photoshop 2022 and now Adobe photoshop 2023. I just open the Adobe photoshop 2022 only one file plug-ins and inside only one google file. just copy it and put it in Adobe photoshop 2023/plug-ins and it works.

I think this is the only file I've got from old version because when you install the new photoshop, it delate files from adobe but not this plug-ins. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the should be google and not nik collection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Nik not opening up in photoshop. It doesn't show up in the automate button. Yet, there is the full folder in the plug ins section in photoshop in my c drive. It just won't open in photoshop. I am on windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rascalphoto 

Did you look under the Filters drop down? Nik collection is under Filters.

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny thing, Rosa. Yesterday, the only indication that it was there, were the "about plug-ins" that simply showed the icons for Nik. It was not in (the usual place) Filters.  Also, under help/settings, it listed all the Nik software as being there, as not being there and as failed. It just wasn't opening in photoshop. I saw your note and I thought well, I will check again. Voila! There they are. It isn't opening with photoshop, but they are now running at least available through filters. So, thanks for the note to check them again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rascalphoto  So glad I could be of some help 🙂

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I copied the NIK filter files inside each NIK Collection filter folder into Plugin folder in adobe PS 2023, and then they all appeared in Filters later in PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines