• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

upgraded to 24.0.1. error message about not enough RAM

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Just upgraded to 24.0.1. When i try to edit/add a filter/pixelate/crystalize I get the following error message. (I am on a MAC and have checked the PS RAM suggested parameters and I am at that threshold) "Could not complete the Crystallize command because there is not enough RAM". Is this a bug or do I really have a RAM issue?  TIA

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

See if setting the Photoshop preferences back to the factory defaults sorts the issue.

Do this under the General tab in preferences or

1) Close Photoshop
2) Double click on the Photoshop icon to launch it
3) QUICKLY hold down  CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift (for Mac OS X)
4) When a dialogue appears, asking you “Delete the Photoshop Preference Files?” Click Yes.
If you don't see the question repeat the procedure again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Screen shot had the RAM noted. 16 GB and used is 12.59, cache memory is
using 3.42 GBs and HD Space 408 GB used out of 500 GBs.
Jody Kotun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if setting the Photoshop preferences back to the factory defaults sorts the issue.

Do this under the General tab in preferences or

1) Close Photoshop
2) Double click on the Photoshop icon to launch it
3) QUICKLY hold down  CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift (for Mac OS X)
4) When a dialogue appears, asking you “Delete the Photoshop Preference Files?” Click Yes.
If you don't see the question repeat the procedure again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was prompted to delete and did as you stated but now my files are gone.  Sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting your Photoshop preferences will not remove your Photoshop documents.

It is possible the image you were working on when your issue with the filter arose, corrupted the file.

Has resetting the preferences enabled you to apply the filter now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Yes and thanks for the ip. I can now reapply the filter. I have
redone the photo and it works. Thanks again.
Jody Kotun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, in the future, you might want to use the manual method, in order to keep the preferences intact, in case you want to retain some of them.
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually it lets you keep a copy on the desktop that you can use to revert the process.

When you mean that you lost your images, do you mean on the home page? they are still on the same location, it is just a shortcut to the latest files your worked on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jodyk4407696 I just wanted to add a note that we had a similar situation with the Crystallize filter causing errors in this thread a few days ago. In my test, I got an error that the file exceeded the 2GB data limit even when the file was only 35MB. It would be great if some other users could test this.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/ps-24-0-1-error-message-could-not-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did mean that the image was gone from the home screen when I cleared my preferences.  It's probably my misunderstanding of how that screen works.  But thanks for sending me that article on preferences and creating the back up.  I'll need to make some modificiations and give that a try.  This same situation with the error message happened again.  So it seems intermittent.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting me know that you also got a pop up message.  After I reset my preferences, the next attempt was flawless.  But on another image the message popped back up again.  it would be good if others would test this.  Perhaps it's just me though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, just for clarify, you triple-checked the size of the image, made sure that you used the correct units?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines