• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use keyboard in new fill or adjustment layers

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay this is a difficult one to describe, I'll try my best. I used the old CS3 and now switched to CC 2019. The behavior when creating a new fill or adjustment layer changed a lot and it's giving me a hard time.

I'll use "Selective color" as an example because I use this the most.

How it worked in the past:
When the workspace is locked and you click on "new fill and adjustment layer" it's opened in a new window.
- When pressing Esc on my keyboard, the window would close again. No new layer was created.
- When pressing Enter, the new layer was created.
- When making color adjustments and then pressing 0 on my keyboard, the adjustment was undone.

How it works now:
Again, when the workspace is locked and you click on "new fill and adjustment layer" it's opened in a new window.
But now when pressing Esc or Enter, nothing happens. Instead, you have to use the mouse or pen to click on the "X" in the upper right of the new window, to close it and even then, it works as creating a new layer, not as deleting it. You also can't use 0 on the keyboard to undo a change - unless you first click into the number box and delete the number in there to replace it with 0.

I hope I managed to explain it well. The new way is so hard to get used to for me and makes everything take so much longer. Is there anyway to make it work like before again?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anshie 

Can you tell us why you are using PS 2019, which is four versions old?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that behavior change back in newer versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current behavoir is when you select an adjustment or fill layer from the layers panel, it auto adds the layer.

If you add an adjustment layer via the menu you can still hit escape to exit with no layer or hit enter to commit to adding a layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using the latest version now, as advised here.

Unfortunately the usage you describe still does not work to me. As soon as I select an adjustment or fill layer, I can't exit with no layer and I also can't use "Enter" to add the layer. It only works with the mouse and the small X in the corner of the layer window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines