• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

using dng converter for Sony A1

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have version 13.1 of adobe dng converter and the latest version of dng converter  14.1 will not install on my mac which is running Mojave 10.14. Qiestion is will the version I have (dng converter 13.1) convert sony A1 raw files to dng beacuse Im running old version of lightroom. Thnaks

[spelling error in title edited by moderator — was "dog"]

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see for yourself which version of Camera Raw supports a camera and which version of Photoshop is compatible with that ACR version: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/camera-raw-compatible-applications.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, 

But I know that the version of lightroom that I have will not support the RAW files from my Sony A9 so I convert them to dng files using the Sony DNG converter before importing into Lightroom.  The version I have of Adobe dng programme is 13.1 which will not support raw files form the Sony Alpha A1 which I am going to buy.  So I want a version of dng converter that will convert Alpha A1 RAW files to dng and still run on my Mac which use Mojave as again I am using older version of lightroom which will not run if I install OS Catalina!!

So not sure at how looking at which version of camera raw helps in this? Also first link does not have the A1 sony camera listed??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I hadn’t checked whether DNG Converter was included in the list. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to install the adobe dng converter 13.4, which should convert your Alpha 1 (ILCE-1) ARW files.

Use Go>Connect to Server, paste in ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/dng/mac then click Connect as guest and look for and download the DNGConverter_13_4.dmg by dragging to your desktop or folder.

serv.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnaks,

Had some problems with the system connecting properly but eventually it did connect but download is so slow Im going to try it again later.

Thanks for the advice, most apprecaited

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice the a1 isn't on the list, almost a year after release. That can't be right. Did it just drop off the list by mistake?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is A1 short for Alpha 1? 

Screenshot 2022-04-22 at 10.30.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Sorry A1 Alpha 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, OK. It's not listed with the other alphas at the top (the ILCE models).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your not able to get the dng converter 13.4 from the adobe ftp site, then there is a download link here for the dng converter 13.2 which should work to convert the Alpha 1 files.

https://developer.adobe.com/console/servicesandapis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines