• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using my touch screen to apply a gradient drags the canvas

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know why no one has run into this yet. Using photoshop for windows on my MS Surface Pro X  When I try to use the gradient tool in certain directions it tries to drag the canvas while I'm dragging the line to place the gradient, making the gradient tool almost unusable. I basically have to drag it really really fast so the speed of the cursor outpaces the speed of my canvas. Note that this only happens if there's a vertical component to my direction of motion. If I'm dragging a gradient exactly or nearly exactly sideways, it works fine and doesn't drag the canvas. The problematic behavior occurs regardless of whether I'm zoomed in. Note also that it happens after a photoshop restart as well.

If there's a workaround to disable the movement of the canvas while this bug is being fixed, I desperately want to know about it - google isnt helping much. I should mention this is only a problem on my MS Surface. When I use photoshop on my other windows machine (both are windows 11), I use my Wacom tablet and stylus and this doesn't cause the same problem.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't know if it's related to this

Type Flicks in the search box. Choose Turn flicks on and off or type Pen and Touch in search box, click on the Pen and Touch control panel.
Click on the Flicks tab.
Uncheck the Use flicks to perform common actions quickly and easily box.
Click Apply then Ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines