• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using photoshop for mural style project, how do I setup a default zoom percentage and pan position?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been able to find a better program to project images for tracing with my projector. But if I zoom in or move the bars on the side of the screen, it moves the image. It takes me a while to re-align the image, and I was hoping there was a way to reset the sliding bars and the zoom percentage.

As of now, I just have to close the whole document and reopen it, and then it reorients, or I draw registration dots on the photoshop image and trace the dots onto the wall, so if photoshop shuts down, I can realign the image using the dots, but this isn't ideal.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're projecting the full image at once, then you can keep the image in the same place within Photoshop by maximizing the Photoshop application frame (clicking the green circle in the upper left on macOS or clicking the icon of a single rectangle in the upper right on Windows) and then fitting the image to the frame, View > Fit on Screen or Command + 0 (macOS) or Control + 0 (Windows).

If you're zooming in and projecting at various locations, you could add guides to help with registration by turning on the Ruler (View > Ruler) and dragging the guides out from the ruler over the canvas. You'll want to note what the percentage of zoom is. You can see it in the tab to the right of the filename or in the Navigator (Window > Navigator). You can enter the zoom amount in the lower left of the Navigator panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines