Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Using Rulers

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have an issue with the rulers that I have not managed to resolve. I work in eCommerce, and often work with bulk images in Lightroom and after that drop them in PS to go into more detail on each product. For the sake of the site’s uniformity, I need to try and have most products offset at more or less the same values from the image’s boundaries irrelevant of the product’s size/ proportions.

I know that I can’t save and use the same positioning for the rulers, so I just made a note of the distances in relation to the type of product, but each time I drop a new image (from the same batch) the ruler represented distances are different than the previous images, and my notes become useless because the offset framing looks and has different proportions and measures each time.

The images are at the same resolution, crop, everything and as far as I could tell PS considers them to be of the same type of unit, I think.

Thank you in advance for the help!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having difficulty understanding your issue from reading. Could you add a couple of screenshots to help explain the issue and we may be able to help. It sounds like creating a template document with rulers and guides may help but I'm not sure from your description.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe you could do something with View > New Guide Layout.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines