Using the "2strip" LUT creates a long lag, what could be causing it?

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue/bug/problem for a couple of weeks now (can't exactly pinpoint when it started happening) and it's getting really annoying to work with. Can't find anything related so making a post.

Whenever I use the "2strip.look" preset in the Color Lookup adjustment layer, my PS starts to get periods of complete unresponsiveness (~10 seconds) whenever I do anything that changes the luminosity of the document (work with curves, levels etc). It is the only preset that does this and whenever I hide the layer, it stops. When I re-enable it, it comes back immediately. Only my Photoshop is affected, yet task manager doesn't show any usual activity. I'm really scratching my head on this one, and I haven't seen posts about other users having this issue. What could be causing it? I enjoy two-tone color splits in my post-process work quite a bit so I would be sad if I had to avoid using that preset altogether, but I'm open to a workaround solution using different adjustment layers to achieve the same result.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?