• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Variables In Photoshop - Images work fine on data set preview, but not when exported to PSD

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue where my data is working compeltely fine in the data sets preview section, but when I export to PSD it does not recognize the new images until the PSD file is opened and re-saved.

I am eventually going to be exporting 1800+ images so want to get the bugs sorted before doing so.

I have attached a video if this helps.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing here but...

The LEFTBAR layer is invisible and other layers might be invisible as well. Perhaps if you set all layers used in the dataset to visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this EXACT same problem on my iMac but it works flawlessly on my laptop. Same OS (Catalina) so I don't understand why I am having this problem on the desktop.

Is there anyone from Adobe who can help with this?? Thank you in advance!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is user to user forum, if you want to speak to Adobe employees and engineers this is better place https://feedback.photoshop.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Windows but... This is not huge issue since everything is ok with actual files. Perhaps software which is generating preview have some bug? At the end of the day, if you need to open PSD in Photoshop in order to see preview use batch script for that job, do not open files manually. 

Did you tried to preview files in Bridge, what is happening there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Yes - previewing in Bridge shows the wrong preview image (my template). AND trying to do a batch process in Bridge to convert the PSD files to PNG files creates PNG files that are all identical to my template - not the variable data results. The only way I can see the true results is literally by opening the file inside of PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you open in Photoshop and save as (file extension) everything works fine? Then batch process using some built in Ps scripts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines