• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

v23.0.1 continually crashing/freezing

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is everyone else having issues with the latest Photoshop update (23.0.1)? Mine continually crashes and/or freezes, which is started doing immediately after the update to 23.0.1. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times, but that has only sped up the re-start process following a crash/freeze. ANy recommended fixes or "patches?"

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to tell without a crash log. I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system. If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you by chance have a PC with the new Intel 12th gen CPU "Alder Lake"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is everyone else having issues with the latest Photoshop update (23.0.1)? Mine continually crashes and/or freezes, which is started doing immediately after the update to 23.0.1. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times, but that has only sped up the re-start process following a crash/freeze. Any recommended fixes or "patches?"

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind telling us the version of Windows you're working on? When does Photoshop crash? Does it crash while launching the app or while opening a file?

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop manually using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm noticing a poorly optimized PS 23.0.1. I'm on macOS Big Sur 11.6 on a mac mini i7, 64gb ram, and AMD 5700xt external graphics card. I see frequent stuttering when moving my mouse or clicking around on adjustment layers. Sometimes it freezes. I'm not doing anything complex. No setting has changed since updating to v23. No single activity seems to cause these symptoms. Just very slow overall. PS 22.XXX worked great in this regard. I've since disabled "use graphics processor" and we'll see if this improves it all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@adampricephoto Unfortunately, Photoshop doesn't support external GPUs on mac very well. As a troubleshooting step, if you disconnect that and connect directly to the mini's internal card is it any better? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@J453 Previous versions worked just fine with it connected. Disabling "use graphics processor" makes it 100 times worse. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I started experiencing severe freezes when I started to use 23.0.1 so I have reverted to 22.5.3 and performance is a lot better.

I am using Windows 10 64-bit with Intel i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32 GB of RAM and NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti with 16GB of RAM and running the latest graphics driver. These specs comply with the recommended requirements for Photoshop 23.0.1 so I do not understand why performance dropped so dramatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Every time I update Photoshop, it goes through a period where it freezes up constantly. It will be fine until I click out of the program and click back, then it is stuck on the white arrow and can't move. This continues and seems to correct itself after several restarts. Sometimes I have to clear a little off the c drive. Every time I update windows, the exact same thing happens. With all the updating that windows, dell, and adobe do, I spend more time trying to correct this issue than I do actually using Photoshop. It's infuriating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines