• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

V23.3 Renders entire layer white when any operation initiated

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop update version 23.3 Windows 10, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, 16 gig RAM. Installed update then opened program and opened a photo - looked fine until I opened another photo, then copied and pasted that photo into a layer in the first photo document. The 2nd photo layer is completely white, but when I look at the Layer menu it shows the photo in the middle of a transparent field. When I mouse over the white layer, I can locate the dotted outline of where the photo should be - but it is completely covered with a white surface. If I make a copy of the imported transparent layer from the layer menu it creates another completely white layer. If I copy the base layer from the layer menu - the copied layer is completely white. The program worked fine before the update.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Hi

Try unchecking this option in preferences and restarting Photoshop to see if it helps

2022-04-15 08_45_15-Render2.jpg @ 41% (RGB_8).png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Sir!   Same thing.

When I open a flatened  image, all is well.  Image is visible.  Image is a background.  When I change it to a working layer, area turns white.  Exact same issues as above.

This began with the update,  first the transform tool dissappeared, followed by the white on any files and all layers if not background.

I have tried reboot.   I have completely removed PS and reinstalled.  Same problem.

PS is basically useless right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One additional item.

I open an image as a background.  Image is visible,  When I change the image to a layer,  image turns white.

If I flatten the white layer,  the image becomes background and is once again visible.

Help...   Need this thing for work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try unchecking this option in preferences and restarting Photoshop to see if it helps

2022-04-15 08_45_15-Render2.jpg @ 41% (RGB_8).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far... That seemed to work!  Thank you

For us not professionally trained users... What did I do by unchecking GPU compounding?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compositing in the past used the CPU. With that option checked (it is new in this update) it uses the GPU which should give performance gains going forward. However if your GPU causes issues then it can be unchecked.

You might though want to update your GPU drivers then try checking it again.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"For us not professionally trained users... What did I do by unchecking GPU compounding?"

Adobe is and has been changing the way Photoshop works and it's becoming a more GPU intensive program, so with the option enabled it well render compositing with the GPU rather than the CPU, at least that's my understanding.

Adobe hasn't provided any details about the new feature.

I don't have the issue and I can leave the option enabled, I have an RTX2060 Super GPU with the latest Nvidia Studio driver installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grazie per la risposta e il suggerimento ma purtroppo non ho risolto il problema. Mi puoi dare qualche altro suggerimento? grazie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@erosnemo 

Did you disable GPU compositing and restart Photoshop as I mentioned in my first post

2022-04-15 10_44_36-Preferences.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much
dalla sua immagine ho capito di attivare la GPU, sorry

ora funziona tutto , grazie mille

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@erosnemo You're welcome, glad it's working for you now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ora è stato risolto il problema della immagine completamente bianca, togliendo il segno di spunta sulla GPU ma così la scheda grafica non lavora e il monitor non è più calibrato. Come si può risolvere questo problema? 
Io uso Photoshop per la fotografia e la calibrazione del monitor è molto importane ma senza la GPU non posso calibrare il monitor-
è possibile tornare alla versione precedente di Photoshop?
Grazie per la risposta
la scheda video è : NVIDIA GeForce GT 710
Monitor LG MB85R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try recalibrating your Monitor, have you checked the monitor profile in Windows control panel > colour management.

You can revert to a previous version of Photoshop from the Creative Cloud app

2022-04-16 10_41_07-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

2022-04-16 10_41_46-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines