• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vanishing Point cannot past image onto blue grid - V22.4.2

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A week into trying to paste a graphic onto the blue grid formed with the vanishing point filter.

Running a dell XPS - A9 processor; 32 Gig Ram;  all drivers fully updated; windows 10 fully updated.

Open an image of a girl sitting on steps

open VP filter - form a blue grid on the steps one step below to one step above her

Close the VP filter - re-open and the grid is still visible - close

copy an image onto a new layer

select just the image and copy the bit map using control-c

Add a new layer - select it

Open the vP filter blue grid visible - control-v nothing happens for a few seconds, no spinner, than the crash report box appears.

I have tried

• clearing preferences
  • Turning off GPU assist
  • Down graded photoshop to 21.2.9
  • using very small images
  • creating a very simple blue grid

No matter what I do pasting in VP dialog causes photo shop to crash

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

We are so sorry to hear that you're having this problem! It sounds like you've done quite a bit of troubleshooting. In your bullet points you noted that you downgraded to 21.2.9 -- did it have the same issue too? Was it both versions or just 22.4?

I just want to make sure that you have checked that your GP card is compatible with the new system--is that correct? If not, here is a help doc: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

And, have you also checked system requirements: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

If you have, then I would suggest sending in a Bug report. Here is the form: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The crash happens in both versions - I have opened a ticket - no joy

It is a brand new high end laptop I will be shocked if the GPU is not supported but I will look.

I have tired all of the above on my older MacBook Pro - still crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried it with the GPU enabled and disabled - is it possible that there could still be an issue with the GP card on a brand new dell XPS ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meet and exceed all of the requirments listed for the GPU unless I am just missing somthing !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is possible. We've had some issues posted on the forum where there was some incompatibility between Photoshop and certain cards. The fact that it is happening in both versions tells us either it wasn't fixed in 21 or it's something other than a bug.

I will keep looking to see if I can find any other information that might be helpful. For now, if you have a way to go back to an earlier version to be able to use the Vanishing Point filter until this issue is taken care of.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted my issue on the wishform  but it does not look like a real bug report - just an open issue board that is not monitored very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines