• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vanishing Point filter has no "Export to After Effects" options

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, I am trying to follow along this tutorial: After Effects Tutorial  Vanishing Point 3D - YouTube

But the option to export to after effects just isn't there. I have already tried resetting all tools and preferences, with no results. Pressing ctrl-e allows me to export to dxf, oddly enough, but this isn't what I want.

Pictures:

Untitled.pngUntitled2.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Hi Aes studio,

Make sure that you are clicking on the four corners of a perspective plane or object in the image to create an editing plane.

Note: Your grid should look blue, if it looks yellow then export to afters effects option will be grayed out.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aes studio,

Make sure that you are clicking on the four corners of a perspective plane or object in the image to create an editing plane.

Note: Your grid should look blue, if it looks yellow then export to afters effects option will be grayed out.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i click the eport to after effects option it shows "the operation could not be completed"

please suggest me a way as soon as possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNGhere is my attachment of my error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this the correct answer? it definitely does not work? does anyone have the answer for this? it is not a contextual problem.

I tried different images, and with the full grid and all points the drop down never has the export to AE option.

I am probably confused but in normal adobe UX when something is wrong in the set up of a tool or unavailable it is greyed out not completely disappeared? in this case none of the export options appear? any direction as to which settings need to be changed for this to work? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@MOOREbass said 'Why is this the correct answer?'

You have opened a very old thread. It was the correct answer at the time for the version released at that time (back in 2017).

There does appear to be an issue in the current version 25.3.1 with no After Effects option in the menu. It may be a bug or it may have been removed purposely along with the options to export to 3D formats (3D functionality is being removed).
I would suggest raising this as a new bug in 25.3.1, in the meantime v24.x still has the AE option in the drop down menu.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Perspective tool in the Vanishing Point filter is quite picky (particuliar) and difficult. If any drawn plane is red or does not show grid lines when selected, redraw it. If any layers are hidden or locked, you may need to unhide and unlock or remove them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines