• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Variable data, Data sets txt file does not link into photoshop file

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you take a look at this. I managed to do several batches succesfully but now it keeps giving me this.

Could not parse the file contents as a data set. There were too many variable names in the first line of the text file or 

Could not parse the file contents as a data set. There were not enough variable names in the first line of the text file.

Used instructions (paid for them) from Linked-in "Working with variables"

Nor CSV or tab delimited works. HELP! I have a heaps of these to finnish!

ā€¢ layer names match with the variables
ā€¢ all files are in the same folder

I have kept turning of photoshop and restarting my computer all day. 
Thank you for your help!

BR,

Pain

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested by converting TXT file to Tab separated and everything works fine. Can you export your data sets as tab separated and try?

here is how looks like working solution, in meantime I will look into solution with csv data.

solution tab separated.jpg

Ensure there is no space at each end of line, this feature is very sensitive to every even small mistake.

Update: please re-export file as CSV because everything works fine with comma separated (see attachment, I exported file from Open Office I believe) while your TXT file was actually semi-colon separated.

One more update: Your original CSV was uploaded to Excel online. It does not support export to CSV so I downloaded xlsx. After opening xlsx in Open Office file is exported to CSV (attached file to this reply) using Unicode UTF-8 algorithm. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, thank you for your help! I'm so gratefull!
I don't have admin rights so I couldn't get the openoffice texteditor CSV combo working that would be the best for this job. But instead of using only that crappy mac texteditor I copypasted txt into google's Text Editor and I was able to see all the extra spaces I had. Plus the Photoshop told me "Too many values were listed for data set 15." So I was able to quote the lines that needed extra comma. I still can't believe it's finally working! Well... at least at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines