• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Various issues with Photoshop 23.5.0

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop 23.5.0 on a Macbook Pro 15 inch screen (Mid 2015). Operating system Monterey 12.5.1

1] When opening an image, the screen mode defaults to "Standard" and when working on an image, the upper part of the image flickers and, sometimes, disappears. Changing the screen mode to "Full Screen Mode with Menu Bar" seems to clear this issue, but the screen mode does flick back to "Standard" and the flickering problem reoccurs.

2] The Photoshop workspace window does not show the usual top line of "Close", "Minimise" and "Enter Full Screen". This makes it difficult to navigate between programs.

3] When 2 or more images are open, they do not appear in their own "Tab". The second image appears but the original image is hidden, even though it is still open. This can be rectified by tiling the images but the flickering returns and the screen mode returns to "Standard". 

This is so frustrating and makes Photoshop almost unworkable! The answer may be a simple fix but I can't find it. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Hi @joev96695836 sorry you are having issues.

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur? 

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually  

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

23.5 version of Photoshop you have problems alone? Or may have taken place in earlier versions (For example, previous versions such as 23.4.2)?
Record and attach a video of the blinks and tab you are experiencing, or the symptoms that are hidden in the image. Then it will be more helpful for Adobe developers to understand and solve your problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Video Link is This is the @joev96695836  author's video. He can't seem to be able to reply, so I post a link instead. @CoryShubert 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @joev96695836 sorry you are having issues.

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur? 

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually  

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly, thanks to qqerry for the assistance so far. 

I am still unable to reply to either of my previous posts re "Various problems with Photoshop 23.5.0"

This is the link to my video on YouTube. 

https://youtu.be/pBf3wK80oWY 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently posted in this forum (Various issues with Photoshop 23.5.0) and received a reply that suggested I upload a video of the problem. When I press "REPLY", nothing happens... hence the new post. Unfortunately, my video is larger than the 47mb limit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can upload YouTube, vimeo, Google drive...etc on various one-time video upload sites and attach the link.
It's not that you have to upload it unconditionally, but it's because developers have to see the exact problem reproduced to help you and the video is the most effective.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the Intel graphics or AMD R7 card? I have the same computer with R7 and have no problems, with one or two displays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still unable to reply (Another bug?) hence a new post. 

Thank you to those who have contributed to my post and to Cory Shubert for the "fix". 

Checking the"Disable Native Canvas" does appear to have stablised the issue.  I will re-set my preferences and let you know the outcome. 

Thanks again. Fingers crossed  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, can someone please help me relocate the top bar?  I find this horribly inconvenient. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turn off the Application Frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had similar problems with screen flicker and also the screen turns black when using type tool with v23.5.  Upgrading to v24 corrected all the problems.  I went back and returned all the preference settings that I changed based on suggestions and v24 still operates ncely.  Problems solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines