• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vector Shape Fill looks pixelated

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a vector shape using the pen tool and would now like to fill that vector shape with a color.  

1. I select the new layer in the Layers panel and navigate back to the Paths panel and select my path.

2. I click the "Fill path with foreground color" button on the bottom of the Paths panel (see 1st screenshot).

As you can see (from the 2nd screenshot), it fills the pixels rather than the path.  This makes the path I created completely irrelevant.  If I wanted a raster path, I would have used the lasso tool.  I'm not sure what the point of the vector path builder in Photoshop is if I can't fill it as a vector.  

I used to have Illustrator, but now don't want to pay the subscription.  This was trivial in Illustrator.  Is the problem that Photoshop is simply a raster editing software and it is incapable of creating a true vector filled shape that is infinitely precise?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is a pixel program. You can reduce the pixelization by using a higher resolution, but it will always be there. Vector images in PS allow you to resize without loosing quality from YOUR PATH, but it still rendered in pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop is the wrong tool. This is what Illustrator is for.

Photoshop is not a vector application, it's a pixel editor. A fill or stroke will always be pixels. The vector tools in Photoshop are aids for making selections and masks, to eventually end up as pixels.

EDIT cross-post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines