Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Version 21.2 Crashing Relentlessly

Participant ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

Thanks in advance for any tips. Below I will include details, versions. Is anyone else having a conflict with Nvidia Geforce drivers, specifically for 1080Ti GPU and Photoshop preferences?

I was using Photoshop cloud version 19 and made the ill fated decision to update and have had nothing but misery since. Photoshop crashes upon launch, period. After days of troubleshooting, uninstalling, installing, the usual routine - I boiled it down to the hardware accelearation, or so I believe. I did have issues with Photoshop version 19.0 and my 1080Ti (multiple cards) but using GPU BASIC level it was stable. I see no option on Adobe Cloud (thank you Adobe) to get back to version 19, only able to roll-back to version 21.1 which will allow me to start PSD, but hardware acceleration must be turned off completely. My Nvidia drivers are current. PSD preferences were deleted and started fresh. No combination of Nvidia and latest PSD versions work together, again other than PSD version 19.0 which is inaccessible unfortunately. 

If anyone knows how to reinstall PSD v.19 that would be great. The cloud install page does not offer 19, just FYI. Any other observations or suggestions welcome, again just note that I have reset preferences, tried various versions of PSD and the usual troubleshooting. 

Windows10 pro - updated
Nividia Geforce 471.68, 3X 1080Ti
Photoshop version 21.1 (stable with hardware acceleration OFF) 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Do you use the Game Ready or Studio driver, Adobe recommend the Studio version for Photoshop, take a look here to see if any of it helps

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

You can download Photoshop version 2019 from here

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2019-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ged, I'm trying that 19 link, fingers crossed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ged,

I had seen that retro page install before, but the top most link went just to the Adobe cloud page and I never scrolled down further than that. This time I scrolled all the way down the page and found the Photoshop 2019 install, which in fact installs version 20. However, to the right is an even older 2018 download link to version PSD version 18, which installed perfectly. I went immediately into preferences (after the initial crash - which gave display driver error pop up) and set the GPU to the settings which do not conflict on my workstation, as was the case before. Thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any reason you're not running 22.5? There's been a lot of fixes for crashing issues in the most recent update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,
Thanks, yes I tried 22.5 it crashes as well. 22.5 is aggressively crashing, not making it past the splash screen. I had no better luck in safe mode turning GPU hardware off. I did clean uninstall and installs to insure preferences were cleaned. I'm feeling quite confident the conflict is Nividia driver related. Presently I am happy to have PSD running at all, as I have deadlines. However, ultimately I need the GPU acceleration as I am working on heavy duty files and must have horsepower. I'm open to suggestions. Currently trying to reinstall PSD v19, which was stable with basic GPU on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system.

If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html It would be best to get crash reports from 22.5. We only fix issues in the current release.

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I did submit crash reports each time, quite a few in fact. When Photoshop crashed, I received the standard pop-up message 'would you like to submit a report' and I filled in the text box and hit the send button. I had the impression the reports were going out, maybe they were not? I agree 101% with forwarding errors, I have all my apps that have such features to auto submitt errors for that very reason. Big believer. If you would like I could run PSD version 21.0 and generate a nice fat juicy crash by turning on GPU accel and forwarding, manually, any log file or local file PSD generates? 

In the meantime, thanks to Ged's retro link, I have installed PSD version 18 and with basic GPU turned back on I am back to functional PSD with GPU acceleration. 

I greatly appreciate your interest and assistance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, crash logs from old versions won't be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a follow up I found the source of the crashing. It was unsurprisngly the Nvidia GPU driver. I also reverted to a 2018 version of Photoshop and it is more stable. So newer Nvidia drivers and latest Adobe cloud PSD equals crashes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines