• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Version 22.4.0: "Save as" formats have disappeared

New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to the mentioned version and the formats dropdown list only shows 3 formats: Photoshop (*.PSD;*.PDD;*.PSDT), *.PSB and TIFF (*.TIF;*.TIFF)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

If your file contains items that are not supported in your required format (e.g. layers or 16 bits/channel) then the file format is moved to the Save a Copy menu. This was driven by changes in the Mac Operating System, although the changes are applied to both Mac and Windows versions to keep them aligned.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your file contains items that are not supported in your required format (e.g. layers or 16 bits/channel) then the file format is moved to the Save a Copy menu. This was driven by changes in the Mac Operating System, although the changes are applied to both Mac and Windows versions to keep them aligned.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave, I heave the same problem, but also in Save a Copy menu I don't get more options, like DCS 2.0 (which is the one I need).

I need to place a file with separated spot colors into InDesign, and when I try to import the .PSD which I saved with the "Spot Colors" box selected, I get this other dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I don't think the DCS issue is related to the changes in 22.4. I've just started another PC to check and the last version I see DCS 2.0 as a save option is CC 2019 (v20) . I don't see it at all in CC2020 (v21) or in CC2021 previous verion (v22.3.1)

You may want to raise it at the link below , where it will be seen by Adobe staff.
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave, but I assure you that until 2 days ago I was saving it like this, using the previous version of Photoshop 🙂 And as I have just posted in a new thread, I can still do it with this new version for another file I produced a week ago or so. This adds to the mystery! I will post to the link you provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm, I need to dig into why I don't have DCS options in recent versions here then (on 2 PCs) 

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Some more tests and I found my answer. When I was testing I, did not first add a spot channel. As soon as I added a spot channel the DCS1.0 and DCS2.0 options appeared in Save a Copy.

Now this is where it gets really strange - I started a new document and repeated my tests without a spot channel. The DCS options remain in the list. Strange !!!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reply to any other threads so thats why I'm doing this here.

WHO CAME UP WITH THE IDEA TO CHANGE THIS?  I have lost hours of work and have tight deadlines.  who will compensate me for my time having to deal with this unneccessary "can't save files in desired format" issue? You certainly will not fail to remove the money I pay to use ADOBE from my bank account.

DID ADOBE SELL TO SOMEONE ELSE or TAKE NEW LEADERSHIP OR SOMETHING?

BTW Apologizing is NOT an answer to the above questions and does not compensate me for lost time.  YES I know about the update to fix an update that should have never happened.  Please ONLY answer the 3 question here no other words are needed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"WHO CAME UP WITH THE IDEA TO CHANGE THIS?"

Apple when they enforced changes in their operating system
https://petapixel.com/2021/05/18/photoshops-save-as-function-has-changed-on-mac-heres-why/

"who will compensate me for my time having to deal with this unneccessary "can't save files in desired format" issue?"

No-one here, this is a user forum answered by volunteers - we do not work for Adobe.

"DID ADOBE SELL TO SOMEONE ELSE or TAKE NEW LEADERSHIP OR SOMETHING?"

No.

"Please ONLY answer the 3 question here no other words are needed!"

There you go - three questions answered.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other threads were locked by Adobe so I'll add my disapproval here:   The is the dumbest thing I've ever seen Adobe do.  I don't care about apple of thier UI changes.  If you want to replace save as, then replace it.

• This was confusing and took every single customer time to track this down (your problem on us X millions)
  • You added an extra Menu item as if we didn't have enough, and it serve no purpose
  • It's more confusing than ever before and not intuitive at all
  • The muscle memory is of course an issue but low on my plate

If someone in UI at adobe needs to justify thier job and make dumb UI choices that literally negatively impact 100% of thier users then either fire them, or pay them to sit in a room and do nothing at all, don't do stuff like this to your customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have read all the posts re this "save as pdf" problem, and my file meets all the correct criteria, and I have enabaled "legacy save as" and still... there is no option to save as a  PDF? This is nuts!  Any other suggestions please? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines