Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Version 22.5 Repeatedly Crashing

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running macOS Big Sur 11.5 on MacBook Pro 15-inch 2017

The newest version of Photoshop is repeatedly crashing. It crashes every time I save and has crashed while working, after about 10 minutes working on a small file. 

Is anyone else encountering this problem?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problems here, I guess they're still no solutions for this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't install any updates till version 23.0 or 2022 comes out, and even when those come out wait and check the forums to see if its more less bug free and functional, its not worth installing the lastest updates Adobe have been rolling out, specially if you use the application for a living, Im using 22.0.0 wich to me is the last stable version at least on my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I rolled back to 22.3. Reinstalling an earlier stable version seems to be the best solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@waiton 

I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system.

If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey. I actually don't remember seeing the automated crash reports popping up. I would have sent the reports if they did pop up. 

I rolled back to version 22.1 and it stopped crashing. I could try 22.5 again this weekend and send the crash reports if they pop up. 

Could it be also an issue if I am working off a NAS via Ethernet? 

I'll reply once I try 22.5 again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the exact issue "working off a NAS via Ethernet" I'm thinking about. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/p-photoshop-crashes-with-background-save-linked-s... Engineering is working on it. Rollback is fine until the update comes out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Coleen5F8F 

If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pmuller000 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why they wouldn't show. I submitted them while I was experienceing the issue August 18th. Each crash caused Terminal to launch with a log of Photoshop's activity and a second Photoshop of the same version was launched simultaneously when the app restarted. Both of those events were new for me. Uninstalling and reinstalling an older version was the only thing that resolved the issue. I haven't had a crash since then. Thanks for following up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, unless you put your email address in the dialog, it's impossible to find which crash you're hitting. Also, beware that the Adobe Crash Reporter is different than Microsoft's and Apple's - we don't see crashes sent directly to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes for me.

I have an Alienware computer souped up with 32GB and plenty of SSD storage.

Photoshop is crashing on a variety of tasks.

Just now, I've been trying to add a gradient to a YouTube sized banner image (i.e. SMALL), and it hangs at random steps of the simple workflow. It even hung trying to save the PSD.

I am going to uninstall and go back to an older version. 

This is so unlike Adobe and their products which I generally think are super!

Thanks!

Kind Regards,

Joe Ortiz

M: 865.306.9539

joseph.l.ortiz@gmail.com

www.linkedin.com/in/josephlortiz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep new Premiere 2022 crashing every single time.  The new AE is working just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines