• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Version 24 (2023) Liquify error.

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday on Version 23 Liquify was working fine. I have an old NVIDIA graphics card (K600) which when PS started the graphics card was disabled. I was OK with that (for the moment until I upgrade PC).

Today I installed version 24 (2023) and Liquify returned: Could not complete Liqufy command because of a disk error.

I installed the latest driver from NVIDIA and reset the Preferences. I have two disk drives, both with over 100GB of free space. BOTH exhibit this disk error message.

I found the new "technology Preferences"option "Older GPU mode". Checking this did not help.

So in frustration I installed the previous Version 23 and to my horror Liqufy does not now work, probably because since using Liquify yesterday I have updated the graphics card driver.

I am working on portrait commission and Liquify is part of the touching up, so I'm stumped. I just want to reset back to a working Liquify version 23 or version 24. Any ideas, please?

Running on Windows 10 professional.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liquify requires a graphics card to process.

Your Graphics card is too out of date to run any current version of Photoshop GPU features.

Your Quadro K600 from 2013 clocks in at only 343 ops/sec way too low for Photoshop, which has a minimum requirement of 2,000 ops/sec and at least 1.5 GB of GPU memory (K600 has 1 GB).

Your only option is to replace your graphics card. I can't even recommend a previous version of PS old enough to support a graphics card this low.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, I'm not so sure. According to Adobe Liquify does not need a GPU. It has been working up to yesterday's update fine with the GPU disabled. So why not now? And why the erroneous error message? And why does it work on enhancement layers etc etc. 

I started another thread at https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/could-not-complete-the-liquify-comman... which gives more of my findings.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll have the moderator combine these two threads. No reason to splinter the conversion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin. That makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had users receive the same error when they disable their graphics card for other reasons in PS. They forget it is off, then attempt to Liquify and get the disk error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious. There's something amiss here. I've been using Liquify flawlessly for ages with my old K600. I know it needs changing, but I have all I currently need within PS with the GPU. Or at least until this bug/change/feature was introduced. I'm gussing my previous working Liquify (up to yesterday)  use, with V23 and the older driver I was using. Therefore maybe because of the older driver, but, this doesn't ring true either with the way it behaves with misleading error messsage and that it works on enhancement layers. Very odd ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have Liquify working after a graphics card upgrade. 

So Adobe have to issues/bugs here:

1) The error msg thrown is wrong and needs to be changed.

2) The documentation should NOW say that the Liquify tool needs a GPU

Liquify worked right up this latest upgrade.

I knew I would have to upgrade my GPU and/or my workstation - couldn't decide which. I'd hoped to hang on a bit longer. Anyway, this interim upgrade of the GPU and much work on my ancient hardware/drivers now has given me a suprinsingly speedy machine. It amazes what can still be done with old hardware (in my case 2012). The backward compatibility of standards is much appreciated. I'm glad I massively over designed my hardware all those years ago. It has paid dividends...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is wrong with PS, I have a GPU Nvidia RTX 2080ti and does the same thing after upgrading photoshop, I downgraded photoshop and still doesn't work, windows and gpu drivers are updated...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  2080TI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's Nvidia driver bug.  Fixed in newest ver.

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/198730/en-us/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines