Exit

Video file not opening in Photoshop 2020

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, since updating to Photoshop 2020, I can't open a video file 😕

Getting an error messsage: 

Could not open “filename.mp4” because the video file could not be opened.

Getting on my nerves a little bit, updated to the lastest version, I am on Catalina 🙂 I have tried a few different other video files, same errror and can't seem to find a fix 😕

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

New Here , Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

This happened to me. Restarting my Mac worked

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged , Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Solved!

Amazing that this was the problem. I had installed the Insta 360 software a few years ago, and have never even used PS to edit those files. Unreal, I'm honestly going to reach out to Insta to let them know about this issue.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Alright, 2 years have passed, but looks like updating my Mac to Monterey & Photoshop to Photoshop 2022 seems to have the glitch fixed 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 110 Replies 110
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021 and still nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video files just stopped open in Photoshop 22.3 on an M1 mac OS 11.2.2.  Went through this whole thread and tried everything, no dice.    Tried rending it a bunch of ways, tried saving it from quicktime ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it to work by downgrading photoshop to 22.2 in adobe cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked !!! Thank you so much 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked for me as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your answdr!!! I was going crazy here. I went to security and privacy and that did not work, created different video format files and didn't ther... Downloading an older version worked great 🙂

This needs to get fixed on the new version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is not solved.

Macbook Pro M1, Big Sur, Photoshop 22.3. Newer had this issue before on previous versions of Photoshop.

Granted every access possible, reset settings twice.

Nothing helps. And yes, I can open these exact videos in any other program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if this helps, but when i moved the files to my videos file it started working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's basically April 2021, I'm on Big Sur 11.2.3, Photoshop 22.3.0 on MacBook Air M1

I had CS6 and only signed up for CC to get the M1-optimized access to convert video to GIF in PS instead of lugging the PC around.

• Files and Folder access change does not work
  • Moving mp4 file to Desktop does not work
  • Converting from MP4 to MP5 does not work 
  • There is not even an option to Add Video to Layer in ANY mode, let alone Motion Workspace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this? I just signed back up for cc after going to Affinity. Re-subscribed purely for the video timeline. Not importing at all on Macbook M1, or showing in the layers menu. Any idea if it will be fixed? Feel a bit annoyed I'm roped into another year, when it cant do what I signed up for anymore...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. There is a viable workaround. See latest posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Air with M1 chip; Big Sur 11.3.1

I used to be able to open videos in PhotoShop.

Now I can't.

I've tried everything here (short of the lengthy phone calls to Adobe technical support).

PhotoShop is no longer a video editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally - tried importing into Lightroom (which worked) and then exporting it as a new file.

Photoshop still won't recognise the file, even though it was created by another Adobe app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lindseyjo1102 posted an obvious-but-we-somehow-missed-it workaround in the 2021 thread:

• pull up the "Get Info" page for Photoshop. 
  • Tick the "Open using Rosetta" box.LeungDa_1-1620701903575.png
  • Open the app and import/work as you used to.
  • Save your work, exit, uncheck the Rosetta box, re-open in the native version. 

Worked for me. If it works for others here, do go to the thread and give her a like. I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am cancelling my subscription to all adobe products. I've tried everything to resolve this issue. It is beyond ridiculous at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salut.
J'ai fini par trouver la solution à mes problèmes (impossible de finaliser un rendu vidéo et impossible d'importer des fichiers videos ou sons sur Photoshop).
Pour résoudre mes problèmes j'ai supprimé un fichier nommé "Insta360Importer.bundle" se trouvant (sur mon MAC) sur le chemin suivant :
Bibliothèque / Application Support / Adobe / Common / Plug-ins / 7.0 / MediaCore.

Ce fichier est apparu dans mon système après l'installation de l'application Insta360 Studio 2021, qui sert à gérer les images à 360 degrés.
Maintenant tout marche correctement. J'ai la dernière version de photoshop (22.5.0) et j'ai OS BIGSUR (11.5.2)

I ended up finding the solution to my problems (impossible to finalize a video rendering and impossible to import video or sound files into Photoshop). To solve my problems I deleted a file named "Insta360Importer.bundle" located (on my MAC) on the following path: Library / Application Support / Adobe / Common / Plug-ins / 7.0 / MediaCore. This file appeared in my system after installing Insta360 Studio 2021 application which is used to manage 360 degree images.
Now everything is working fine. I have the latest version of photoshop (22.5.0) and I have OS BIGSUR (11.5.2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, thank you very much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unbelievably this worked for me too. thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved!

Amazing that this was the problem. I had installed the Insta 360 software a few years ago, and have never even used PS to edit those files. Unreal, I'm honestly going to reach out to Insta to let them know about this issue.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, this was it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This f*** works! Insta360Importer.bundle deleted this file!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that's so specific! Solved for me as well! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even have that option 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not have this option and it is still not allowing me to open videos within photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me. Restarting my Mac worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines