Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video files not opening in Photoshop 2022

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I downloaded Rosetta and clicked on it to run when opening PS 23.5.1 on my m1 mac mini

I cannot drop in mp4 or mov files into my PS doc. Any thougts?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Video support used to require Rosetta, but they fixed that earlier this year by making the video support Apple Silicon native in 23.4 in June. So 23.5.1 should import videos directly; I just did it with an MP4 file on my M1.

Because video support is Apple Silicon native on Photoshop 23.4 and later, Rosetta is needed only for some installer components, but not Photoshop itself, and definitely no longer required for video import on Photoshop 23.5.1. If an .mp4 or .mov file isn’t importing, the cause is probably something other than Rosetta, although I’m not sure what it would be.

One possible reason is if Photoshop 23.4 or later was originally installed on an Intel Mac and migrated to an Apple Silicon Mac. In that case it might be missing proper Apple Silicon components, and that would be solved by uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop on the M1. But if you installed Photoshop 23.4 or later directly on the M1, it should be fully Apple Silicon native, including video support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines