• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Visualizar los porcentajes de salida de los colores para impresion

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, estoy asesorando a una empresa textil para el uso de photoshop en todos sus procedimientos, pero hay una funcion del software que manejan que no se como reproducirla en photoshop. El software que emplean genera un reporte de salida detallado con los porcentajes de cobertura de cada tinta plana que se emplea en un diseño dando un porcentaje total para que el diseñador sepa hasta que punto puede usar un color sin exceder su porcentaje de salida y asimismo generar un documento con estos valores. Existe algun camino o plugin que pueda hacerlo? Agradeceria su colaboración.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can get that kind of info easily in PS even if you preview the separations with full color management instated. You'd still have to select pixels and glean the details from the info palette. I'm also not aware of any plug-in that calculates the actual ink usage, especially with the specifics of textile printing in mind.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mylenium wrote:

I'm also not aware of any plug-in that calculates the actual ink usage, especially with the specifics of textile printing in mind.

Mylenium

Although not a plug-in, the only other tool that I can think of off the top of my head is Enfocus PitStop Pro, which can calculate and report on ink usage via Preflight Report options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is that software and from where it takes data for calculations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, can you provide simplified examples from the other software that are known to be accurate?

Maths is not my strong area, perhaps something similar to the following may be close enough...

8 bit per channel – for each individual channel, mean histogram value divided by 255. Multiplied by 100 for an approximate % value, probably best to round this value off. From this value subtract 100 which would indicate the % used.

If a document was fully filled with a 25% tint of cyan, the mean histogram would be 191/255 * 100 = 74.90196, then 74.90196 - 100 = -25.09804% (ignoring the negative value).

If a document channel was half filled with solid black, the histogram value would be 128/256 * 100 = 50%, 50% - 100% = -50% (ignoring the negative value).

This may be too simple, however, it is a start point.

I am sure that others who are better at math can find a solution, this should be "easy" to put into a JavaScript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To avoid removing minuses use: (255 - 191) * 100 / 255 or yours: 100 - (191 / 255 * 100)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah that's better, like I said – I'm not great at maths! :]

Also, 255 should have been 256, my bad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it's even simpler: (256 - 191) * .390625

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: It has to be 256 for the 128 midpoint to be correct!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the panel that i need to view de color percents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the info that i need to view in photoshop, or something similar.

Captura de Pantalla 2022-04-27 a la(s) 1.03.36 p. m..png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To attempt to reverse engineer the values in screenshot, the file that produced these reported values would need to be made available.

Edit: I forgot to add, that the file has to be exactly the same as what is run through this other software, no cropping or other alterations. If a true production file can't be shared, please create a simple test file to share and provide a screenshot of the results when running the test file through the AvaCadCam software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines