• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Wacom bug] Unable to paint in Photoshop anymore, every tool turned into the move tool.

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter what tool is selected, Photoshop treats my pen like it's the move tool and it's really annoying.

Video examples:

https://i.imgur.com/UTmNmCL.gifv (Using an Intuos Pro 2017)

https://i.imgur.com/7JLER6u.gifv (Same thing with an Intuos Art 2016)

But if the pen doesn't touch tablet, then it treats it normally, like if I use three fingers to simulate a left click held down:

https://i.imgur.com/FY4n0jk.gifv

My "move" shortcut is not held down.

The only thing that works correctly is the actual move tool. Does anyone have a fix for this? It's really annoying. It works normally with Paint Tool Sai. I've updated the drivers, even uninstall and reinstalled. Reinstalled Photoshop, and even had to reinstall Windows 10. Nothing helps at all, and a day of wasted work is a really shitty feeling.

Extra notes:

1. Something interesting to add that may or may not be related is that my left clicking becomes unresponsive IF, using my Intuos Pro pen, I right click anywhere within a Google Chrome window. Very strange. The only way to get left click working again is to RIGHT CLICK on my desktop, then everything returns normal.

2. Paint Tool Sai works and draws fine, but using my pen's button to move the canvas doesn't work, however manually doing it with the keyboard (holding space to move canvas) works.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Hi, the easiest solution is to apply this windows update that fixes the problem created by the previous one: Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, are there any guidelines for this issues for users with a Mac (version 12.5 (21G72))?

Having a similar issue as described. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved the issue instantly for me.
Thanks, and I hope this will be useful for others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats amazing thank you so much guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can you solve the update issue if you have a dual monitor? My pen still can't register Photoshop at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 monitors and it works fine for me. Use that command that Ged posted. It should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bumped into this elsewhere, which worked for me. No need to uninstall a windows update, or switch drivers:

1. Use notepad to create a text file and type in :

UseSystemStylus 0

2. Save the file as PSUserConfig.txt in the following location
C: > Users > Username > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David,

Davescm already gave this solution in the first reply of this very same thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So he did. So many open tabs, so little time sorry about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the easiest solution is to apply this windows update that fixes the problem created by the previous one: Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have got the same question but on a Mac. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kenny, create a new thread that includes  Mac in your title description .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have created a new one and attached the link below.

Re: Unable to paint in Photoshop anymore, every tool turned into the move tool (MAC)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! Did you solve the issue? Need a fix for MAC!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonny, are you using a wacom, did you check the other thread with the recommendations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines