• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

wacom intuos 4 photoshop cs5... SLOW pen!

Aug 04, 2010 Aug 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a blazing fast (dual quadcore, 24gb ram) machine, but I've had nothing but problems with this Intuos pen. If I'm using the brush, it takes forever for the stroke to catch up to the pen, then it has an "hourglass" to calculate the stroke. If I use the Logitech mouse, I have no slowness at all... normal brush stroke. I've got the latest driver, and have "double click" set to off... Any help?? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2011 Jul 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TimeLaw wrote:

But on the other hand it worked with turning of the snap thing, or whatever it's called in english.

Honestly, I can't figure out what you mean here by "snap thing".

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2011 Jul 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing you can access from the windows 7 control panel under hardware & sound -> Pen & something -> Tab 2

And I'm sorry for calling it snap, I realise that means something differently hehehe I didn't reflect on it just until now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2011 Sep 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had a problem with the same symptom on a few machines at work. Tried the ususal suspects: video card driver, wacom driver, OpenGL plus a few of the suggestions in this thread. Nothing helped.

Then we discovered that the common problem was that the brush Spacing (Brush panel/Brush tip shape/Spacing) was set too low. Seems the default is 25% and works as expected, while users with the massive lag problem had somehow managed to set it to 1%. Problem solved for us. You're cause might be different of course, but it's a very quick thing to check, so just wanted to add it to the list.

/Jorgen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2010 Sep 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Studio 3D I think I have found a solution that has solved my problem and might work for you aswell.

In windows 7 I've opened up the control panel. Clicked on (don't know the exact english names because I use a dutch Windows 7 installation) Hardware and Sounds. Then on 'Pen and Touch'  (here it's below the 'Screen' options). Note: I'm not in the Wacom option menu now, just the pen options that (I think) is standard in windows 7.  On the second tab (3 tab total) uncheck the first checkerbox. It says something about fast pen actions. Apply the changes and see if you still have the problem.

I've checked it with my Indesign problem and it helped a BUNCH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 09, 2010 Sep 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

R&D Luxexcel wrote:

Studio 3D I think I have found a solution that has solved my problem and might work for you aswell.

In windows 7 I've opened up the control panel. Clicked on (don't know the exact english names because I use a dutch Windows 7 installation) Hardware and Sounds. Then on 'Pen and Touch'  (here it's below the 'Screen' options). Note: I'm not in the Wacom option menu now, just the pen options that (I think) is standard in windows 7.  On the second tab (3 tab total) uncheck the first checkerbox. It says something about fast pen actions. Apply the changes and see if you still have the problem.

I've checked it with my Indesign problem and it helped a BUNCH!

Yes, that was suggested by Wacom support early on, still having same problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines