• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom Intuos - Click and drag does not work in Photohsop and Lightroom on Windows

Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys and gals, 

I recently bought a Wacom Intous M over my former Huion 1060+ tablet and ran into a really annoying issue.

When ever I try to control any sort of slider or band by clicking left (or rather pressing the pen down) and then dragging it to adjust I either get a really long delay or it does not work at all. Instead what I get is the occasional ping around the cursor. I added a short screen capture to illustrate the error.

I didn't encounter this issue with my Huion nor do I have any issues in Win10 only in Lightroom and Photoshop, which is why I assume that the problem may be rooted in the software. 

I would be happy to get some pointer as to how to fix this issue. Thanks in advance.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

PenConfig.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the version of Photoshop you are using along with your computers operating system? Have you tried re-installing the Wacom drivers to check if that helps?

You can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/tablet-support-faq-photoshop.html

Please let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To use Wintab you need to be using 21.2.3  WinTab support is broken in 21.1, 21.1.1, 21,1,2, 21.1.3, 21.2, 21,2,1 and badly broken in 21.2.2

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using INK or WinTab support.  With my Wacon Intuos small using WinTab  I can not say a have a problem moving and adjusting sliders.  The sliders work smooth and fast.  However, for the adjustment changes there is some lag. The lag is large for things like layer opacity and fill and for adjsutnets like curves. Some adjstment like brush tip and spaciind there is little to no delay.  The delay using the mouse seem to be the same as with my Wacom pen in Photoshop. I do not install Lightroom.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't quite know whether or not it is WinTab or WinInk simply because I run a German version of Windows. 

But, I switched of "Windows Freihand verwenden" - which is in the same place as the suggested "use WindowsINK". Now it seems to work as intended. 

Unbenannt.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PenConfig.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, wow! Thanks a bunch for the help! This worked like charm. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2022 and this still works. Thank so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines