• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom pen side button stopped working as eraser after updating to 22.5

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just recently got a new hard drive and decided to reinstall my Adobe softwares there to save up space on my laptop. After I did that, my tablet eraser stopped working. As in other similiar threads it seems everything else in the tablet driver works properly, both buttons work as well, but the eraser function just uses the same tool I used before no matter which button it is set to.

I have Wacom Bamboo Pen CTL-470 and it only seems to have one possible driver I have downloaded from wacom's official site. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and restarted my computer. The Photoshop version I now have is 22.5 and I'm pretty sure that's the issue, everything else works and I had no problem before reinstalling. No clue which version I had before reinstall but I'm pretty sure it was 22.4.3

I'm going to try and reinstall the older version now to see if the problem really is the PS version.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Reinstalling the older Photoshop version did not fix the problem..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: The eraser tool works fine in Aseprite, so this is definitely a Photoshop problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines