• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom Remote doesn't work when application-specific shortcuts are added

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I have a Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 P (DTK2420)

(before anyone says in the comments, yes I have the latest drivers, etc.) 

I'm having a problem with my Wacom Remote. I programmed my Wacom Remote for Illustrator custom shortcuts but it doesn't read when I'm working in Illustrator. It always applies the general settings when I click the buttons. It doesn't work on app-specific shortcuts. I need help badly on this one 😞

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 P (DTK2420) and im using a wacom center to update everything its already latest. And there is no folder name called "My Preferences" in the path. There is a folder called "App Specific Settings" and doesn't include that much commands either or I just don't know how to read codes I don't know. 
That's why I need help. please 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm going to move your post to the photoshop forum where, i think,  you'll get an expert to respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My EK Remote doesn't work with specific apps that's the main problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gokhancelikart 

what problem do you have with:

* Download and install the latest Wacom drivers (http://us.wacom.com/en/support/drivers/), 6.3.13-w3

* Remove My Preferences in the Wacom Tablet Preference File Utility (back up your current one just in case)

* Now add Photoshop or another program in Functions -> Applications and commands should start working. Unfortunately you will have to re-create all of your custom settings, but clearing your preferences is the only thing that worked for me.

You'll want to get that new driver anyway, it adds a ton of really useful new features to context menus. New button bars, sticky radial menus, and more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davescm 

any chance you can help the op?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have that same Wacom device however this may help. When you set up the application shortcuts in the Wacom tablet properties did you have the application (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop) open at that time? I've found it is best to do that when setting up my Intuos so that it picks up that specific application. For example I have more than one version of Photoshop installed and can have a different set up for each.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is it just me or something else, I can't do this. Can someone help me with a voice chat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a thread from 2015. Please start a new topic with your operating system, tablet, and application details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i already branched to a new thread yesterday, and @gokhancelikart an expert is responding there:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/wacom-remote-doesn-t-work-when-applic...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines