• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom right-click bug in PS CC2019

Participant ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I just updated to CC2019 and my usual set-up hasn't changed. I have loaded my workspace from previous version and use a Wacom Intuos Pro Large.

But a very annoying bug seems to have appeared since using CC2019...I hope it's a bug anyway as it would be a very silly addition.

When using the button assigned to 'right-click' on my Wacom pen with brush tool selected, the pen must be completely stationary/still for the right-click to register as a right-click to bring up the brush menu. If I am moving the pen whilst pressing the right-click button then it registers the right-click as a nib-press despite the nib hovering above the tablet and not even making contact.

It's super annoying and is really affecting my workflow. Has anyone seen this and knows how to tackle it?

EDIT: Just tried to replicate the bug in CC2018 but it works as expected (and brings up the brush menu regardless of wacom moving at the time of key press) so it is definitely a bug in 2019. How on earth did such a basic function get a bug in the new release?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to this,

If I create a new layer in CC2019 then move the pen whilst hovering (nib not touching tablet) and pressing right-click then it creates a brush stroke history state but with no brush stroke on the layer (selection is empty). So it is *definitely* a Photoshop bug.

I tried fresh Wacom drivers to see if that was it but the bug still occurs.

And the Adobe rep never called back like he said he was going to...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue guys. I seem to have something go wrong every serious update. Some form of pen functionality is lost, and I need to find a work around.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same issue, and I have tried HUD working OK with mouse right click and modifier keys, including shift for resizing the brush. Wacom pen leaves brush state in history as mentioned up there, but no reaction with pen.
I have rolled back to PS 2018 because this is REALLY annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also noticed that CC.20 is slow and lags/chugs with my normal usage that didn't make CC18 slow at all. I have a GTX1080, 64GB RAM, a PCIe SSD and i7@4ghz so it is not my hardware.

AAAAND another problem with this cursed release from Adobe is that when using transform tool...I used to be able to use the cursor anywhere on the screen whilst transform is active. Now it cancels transform action if the cursor is clicked a short distance away from the transform boundary! WHY!?

Why change so many things that didn't need changing!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, and it's my first time on PS CC ,I was using CS6 till now.
what a bad time to start using CC.
it's fixed only if I change the setting of the pen to mouse mode, and then I have to use the pen like a mouse and lose the pressure ><.
soooo it's garbage solution -.- .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm encountering a related problem but in my case the intuos pen is simple not bringing up the right-click menu with the designated button (does nothing)? The menu still works with the mouse, and the right-click on the pen works everywhere else (in system etc). CC is up to date, as are intuos drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I got a similar problem here with my Wacom Intuos Pro medium  (2015 model) and Photoshop CC 2019

This behavior is not restricted to the right click button but to ALL the buttons found on the Pen if you decide to map them differently than the "Other/default" application on the wacom driver

Let me explain exactly what's going on.

I'm on an Mac, running Os X High Sierra 10.13.6. I use a wacom intuos pro tablet with latest driver loaded and Photoshop CC 2019  (and CC 2018 too)

On the Wacom driver panel, I've added my applications in order to map the Pen's buttons to some usefull shortcuts.

So for Photoshop CC 2018, I've map the bottom button of the pen with "Right-click", and the upper button of the pen with the shortcut "Cmd+Alt+Z" in order to have the 'undo' function directly on the pen !    This works perfectly well

For Photoshop CC 2019, I've configured the pen with the exact same functionnality.  "Right clik" on the bottom button, and "Undo" on the upper button.  As you know, since the CC2019 update, the undo shortcut is now "Cmd+Z".

When I use the upper button of my pen on Photoshop CC2019, I'll get a "dot" on my layer  and not the 'undo';  I've double/tripple/quaddruple checked the configuration on the Wacom driver panel, and It's correctly configured !

BUT ... (because there is a but !)  I found the real problem !   In fact, the behavior I get is the one configured into the "Other" app of the Wacom driver Panel.  On this particular App which correspond to the 'default' behavior of the pen when the application is not listed/configured into the wacom driver panel,  I got my upper pen button configured to 'double click'.

If I switch the upper button configuration to 'Cmd+Z' onto the 'Other apps', I can know undo things into Photoshop CC2019.

So,  I don't know how (and who is responsible), but it's like Photoshop CC 2019 is not properly recognized as an application into the Wacom Driver Panel.  So the driver do not map the buttons with 'CC 2019' configuration but with the 'default' configuration.

When you switch to Photoshop CC2018, or any other program (Lightroom CC, Affinity Photo, etc..)  It's working fine !

Please Adobe... work with Wacom on this problem !

@+
Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Had the same problem and after some research I figured out, I had the same problem with CC 2018 too, I just fixed it in the past.

Here the solution:

1) add a textfile PSUserConfig.txt to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings

2) add these lines to the text file

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

3) restart PS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you roman34230352!
This solved this problem in my case.
Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works!! Thank you so much, this is the only solution for this problem I found on internet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg!!! Thank you for posting this. I can't update to anything newer than 2019 and literally the only suggestion I got from Adobe was to update my Photoshop. This worked perfectly! Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you soo much I love you, you saved my life

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll add to this as it all seems very similar but subtle differences.  My issue is CC 2019 and latest wacom setup(up to date drivers as of today), when I touch pen to tablet, randomly it detect it as a "right click" command no matter what PS tool is selected. And the cursor changes to arrow. Once I move pen away, the actual PS tool cursor appears as it should. I can use my mouse and it all functions fine, just the Wacom pen being issue. 

I've restarted 2x today in 15 minuted as that is the only fix until it happened again minutes later. I can then go days being fine. No pattern and very frustrating. 

Anyone find any fixes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. When I touch the tablet in PS, it automatically brings up right click menu, instead of selection tool. Impossible to get anything done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wacom had a recent update I just installed yesterday. And no solution still. This is well documented obviously within forums and cannot believe Wacom hasn't fixed this yet. It is actually getting worse for me and yesterday, I had to restart about 6-8 times within 7 hrs working.  I'm on Mojave OS.  Anyone had luck with fixes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I'm having the same problem here but on mac. Anyone find a fix yet? I'm on High Sierra / PS 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm also having the same problem , i tried to set undo option on right click but when tried nothing happened

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this problem ever resolved?
Im using a ZBook X2 that is basically a wacom tablet laptop. Normall, like any tablet with stylus, you press and hold the stylus for a moment and the application recognizes it as "right-click". Never had an issue with it in the past, but now none of the Adobe applications recognize this command. All other Windows applications react appropriately. This is pretty frustrating. For now I have "right-click" assigned to one of the quick keys, but I need to get it back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines