• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom Zoom ouch ring and Photoshop [Liquify — OSX]

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a very odd problem with my wacom tablet and photoshop.

I use the touch ring to zoom in and out when editing in photoshop and that is working fine, but in the past couple of months when I take an image into the liquify filter to edit the touch ring does not zoom in anymore. When I return to the main photoshop window all is good again. I am on an iMac 2017 updated to the latest Big Sur and photoshop is 22.4.3. The tablet is an Intuos Pro S running an up to date driver, 6.3.43-3

anyone else having an issue like this? Have you figured out a solution?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar but not idebntical problem. in Photoshop The zoom (touch ring) works for a but then doesnt at all. Also sometimes the preferences for Lightroom/wacom just disappear

Mac OS Sonoma, 64 GB RAM 27" 2019 iMac 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Intuos Pro Medium on IMac 24 M1; Im having the same issue. I have no idea if this is a PS or Wacom issue but it is a pain not to be able to zoom in out in Liquify with the wheel. This works fine in other PS windows... so im suspecting this is a PS isssue. All my drivers are uptodate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact issue. The zoom wheel does not work in the liquify module, but is fine in Photoshop outside of liquify. Having the problem for months and cannot find a fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue it just started with one of the most recent PS 2022 updates.  It is challenging because I can use the wacom wheel to increase and decrease the brush size but not image zoom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I us purchased aIMC OSX EL Gapitan and i subscribed to adobe to u

download photshop. It said that I have update my system. I dont think its fair to try to keep with the systems to make money with your clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My number one go to solution is to unistall and reinstall the tablet driver when I encounter this type of issue. This could be happening as Liquify acts as it's own application, and Wacom may not be recognizing it.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to reinstall the whole operating system, with clean install and step by step all the softwares and drivers as a new computer, but the issue remains the same. It is very annoying and really happens as described above. Zoom with the ring does not work inside Liquify. Outside it just works fine (despite of the fact, that a had to return to  PS 2021 recently, because of some lag with the brushes in PS 2022. Anyway tried all the possible combinations, liquify no zoom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, does other methods work? two fingers on the trackpad? Alt+mousewheel? 

Note that Liquify does not behave the same way as the native interface: the zoom with mouse will zomm on a section when you click and drag, similar to when scrubby zoom is unchecked in the option bar, but it does not draw a marquee (for me, the machine (PC) I'm trying this in has outdated drivers I cannot update.)

Likewise, one cannot scrubby zoom using the percentage at the bottom left. (CMD+move the mouse on top of the numbers.) 

I also notice a lag when moving the brush tool quickly, without pressing the button down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the feedback. It actually helped a lot, since I forgat the ALT+mousewheel combo. One of the sidebuttons on my Intuos Pro M is programmed for ALT (option on my 2013 Mac Pro), so holding it I can use two finger as a scroller and zoom like this. It means one extra button push and it is very fast, which was not the case with the previous method, you also mentioned: zoom in with two fingers like on a touchpad, which was kind of stuttery, but more acceptable then using the ring which stutters to the point Idecided to not use it. So these two last methods are not working nowdays. Outside Liquify everything works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to be of help!

Are you on a Mac or a PC? display drivers up to date? Tried different versions of the wacom driver?

When you mean "zoom in with two fingers like on a touchpad" was stuttery, you mean the joining fingers gesture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am referencing the touch wheel on the Wacom pad. I can select zoom or brush and use the touch wheel and both functions work correctly. If I then run liquify, the brush size using the touch wheel works but the zoom does not. I have tried reinstalling and using a previous driver.

Meyer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was asking ollochances, but it migth not hurt for you to share your system info (in Ps, help/system info)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Pro 2013 with Thunderbolt display macOS is Big Sur, I am carefull about changing operating system, it is a work computer.

Yes, I ment joining finger gesture for zoom. Before it worked, however it was a bit stuttery. Using the ring was unusable stuttery always, but now none of the methods work within liquify, only your ALT+mousewheel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive had the same issue with my Wacom intuos Pro Medium. The failure to zoom with the Wacom wheel has been an issue ever since Apple silicon transition and I have tested this on iMAc 24, MBP14 and Mac Studio. The wheel buttons actually still work it just doesnt act as a zoom when that action is selected.... It has now been a couple of years with no patch.... As stated by others, the wheel zoom works fine in all other areas of PS; just the Liquify seems to be problematic. Adobe and Walcom please please talk to each other already! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can Adobe take a look at this? its been a while, would love to have this fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines