• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warping, more grid points? PHCS4

Nov 30, 2010 Nov 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it possible in PHCS4 to increase the grid when you select an object to warp using the Transform>Warp

(I am currently working on an image which is CMYK). I would only like to warp a small part of an object to get my desired effect.

Thanks

lister

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortuantely you cannot get more grid points. CS5 has puppet warp.

Try using filter >> liquify with  a low number for brush pressure and density

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also draw a small rectangular marquee in the general area you wish to warp, so the warp points are closer to what you need to modify.  When do this though, try not to adjust the edge points too much.  Otherwise you'll get a "cut" in the image.

I do wish we can add warp points like the gradient mesh tool in illustrator too.

Liquidfy also works, but I find that warping usually results in better pixel integrity. With liquify, the adjusted areas sometimes seemed blurred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I consider embedding the image in Illustrator, Envelope Distorting it there and placing it as a Smart Object in Photoshop as a viable alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 01, 2010 Dec 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually select a small area and copy/paste into a new layer and do the warp there. It gives finer control and I can retouch the unwarped part underneath to help blend the two. When I'm done, I merge the floating layer back down.

But, I feel the pain. I'd like to have more points, or be able to select which quadrants of the warp mesh that I want to move. I'd like to be able to select several points of the mesh and move them in concert.

Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you can do is, select the area with a simple rectangle, apply warp, do the necessary changes without altering the edge points or lines, apply changes. Then select other part with a new selection, repeat the process .... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines