• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watercolor Artist Action Set from Adobe Create Magazine?

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this work for anyone (Watercolor Artist Action Set from Adobe Create Magazine.zip) with Adobe Photoshop 2021? It would be an amazing action set to have, but it just errors out saying "Could not rasterize because the selected pattern is not available." and that a bunch of the actions just don't work or aren't available.

This would be so cute and useful... if it ever worked. THe original article outlining the steps of how to use it is here Transform Photos into Watercolors with a Free Photoshop Action.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

OMG folks. Okay. SO OF COURSE, as soon as I posted this, I discovered the steps for Adobe Photoshop 2020:

* If you are running Adobe Photoshop 2020, please use this updated installation guide. (Direct link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/62ualeqm3xf6hyw/Watercolor%20Artist%20-%20Guide%202020%20Update.pdf?dl=0)

So. I installed as per this documentation on Adobe Photoshop 2021, used a 3000 pixel image, and it took a good 5 mins on my laptop, in order to complete, but this Action Set works. And I quite s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so glad this worked for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my work is created using this action set but I do use CS6. In my zoomable galleries section you  can pan, zoom and soak up every little pencil sketch, brush stroke and paint splattter (on simulated paper texture as it will appear in final print)! Be sure to use the accompanying toolbar to enable FULL SCREEN mode for a truly immersive experience.

[website removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the moderator removed the link to my website which shows many examples of the application of this Watercolor Artist script. Simply do an internet search for the term: Lakeshore Digital Art.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS5 and the action would crash on it. So I finally subscribed and the action still doesn't work.

I'm saddened by this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish even the instructional videos attached to the tutorials worked but unfortunately, all 3 play the same video, the installation part.  My problem was that so many commands were "unavailable" as well and I end up with a big blob at the end of the action set.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I have tested BOTH the CS6 version and the PS 2022 version of the Watercolor Artist action set within Photoshop Elements 2023 and to my surprise they both work just fine with two minor stoppages that one can click through:
1. Box Blur is missing
2. Command "Set" cannot be found. 
Just remember that you must install 3 separate components before running the two scripts (Setup; Watercolor Artist): Select the Pattern Brush and use the brush menu to load the Watercolor Patterns (navigate to your saved location). Select the Brush tool, open using the Brush menu (hidden near the brush) and load the Watercolor Brush set (navigate to your saved location). Finally, open the Actions Panel and use the menu to load the Watercolor Action (navigate to your saved location). I highly recommend images that are 4800px X 6000px (16"x20" output) for best looking results. Now that you have your ~50 layers of transformations go through each and every layer to hide/display/modify. I feel many of his settings and effects are inappropriate and need to be removed/added/adjusted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines