Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wave filter yielding strange results.

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've been trying to replicate a Skillshare tutorial that uses the Wave Distort to create interesting forms for poster designs. Upon using the same settings for the wave distort I am receiving vastly different results. I'm wondering if an algorithm was changed or something? or perhaps the filter was reworked? I've already tried using Adobe Photoshop CC 2017/2019 and the latest version. But for the life of me, I can't replicate it at all. 

Images 1-3 images are from the Skillshare tutorial, depicting the result of pressing randomize, and images 4-6 are my results using the same settings in the filter. (here's an imgur link just in case: https://imgur.com/a/gXZBAuz) As you can see the results are more akin to Flubber from the Robin Williams movie than the vastly varied forms the Skillshare tutorial receives.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What are the two images’ pixel dimensions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines