• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

We've temporary disabled this filter because of an error.

Enthusiast ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone getting this error on the lattest Photoshp release 24.0.0? I'm constantly getting this issue.

temp-disabled.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. 

Could you please share the system info of Photoshop from Help > System info > Copy & paste into a doc and share it with us?

Can you check if the graphics processor is enabled or not from the preferences? Also, check it's compatibility: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Look at the following troubleshooting article and check the known issues and workarounds related to neural filters: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/neural-filters-feedback.html. 

Let us know how it goes,

Thanks,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. My graphics card is enabled. Attached is my system info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @RayRainka 

Thanks for the info. Would you mind updating your Photoshop to the latest version? Also, I see the drivers are eight months old. You can try re-installing the latest drivers and then try using them. We're here to help, just need some info.

Thanks.

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have exactly the same problem on some of the neural filters since updating to V.24.0.0

The Photo Restoration filter works on mine, but I get the same message as you if I try the 'Colorize' filter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Grahamfromburnley 

Sorry for the delay in response. Did you try re-installing the application? What is your operating system version? Are the drivers up-to-date? 

Look at the following troubleshooting article and check the known issues and workarounds related to neural filters: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/neural-filters-feedback.html. 

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ranjisha,

I am using Windows 10 Pro, fully upto date, and the latest version of Photoshop. My drivers are also upto date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the details. Please re-install the application and let us know the outcome. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-installed, still doesn't work. I get the same message as the original poster when I select the Colorize filter in Neural filters, with the 'Auto Color' box ticked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. Please try & remove the UXP folder at this location,

RanjishaSengupta_0-1669225771989.png

Let us know if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No difference. Still does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have discussed this with the product team; we need a few details. Let us know the system information with the hardware. If GPU enabled, are drivers up to date and compatible (Help -> Gpu Compatibility)? Did you try with CPU enabled (click the button with three dots to the left of the Waitlist in the Neural Filters Gallery and select CPU)?

Thanks for your cooperation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU is enabled and the drivers upto date. The Help > GPU Compatibility shows 'Your graphics processor is compatible'. Your other suggestion about trying with the CPU enabled - I assume you mean GPU. I have tried enabled and disabled, nothing makes any difference. My processor is Intel i7 10700KF @3.8GHZ. 32GB RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see other failures outside the filter they are trying to use? For example, can you apply skin smoothing to an image? 

Could you please share the system info of Photoshop from Help > System info > Copy & paste into a text document > upload to Creative Cloud files (https://assets.adobe.com/files) and share with us via DM? Thanks for your co-operation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have checked the other Neural Fiters and they appear to be working ok. Thank you for trying to help, but I do not want to upload my System Information. If the filter doesn't work, then no problem, I was just using to for fun. It may start to work in future updates, like my freezing and crashing problem went away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, have the same issue. Have tried every fix I could find... am now on 24.1.1 and it's still happening. What I did discover though is that it isn't (for me anyway) a permanent error state. I found that it only occurs on some photos - and what I noticed about the photos that it gave me the error on was that they were a bit blurry, and had multiple faces. Other photos with multiple faces that weren't blurry (or as blurry) seem to be processed without the error occurring. So I have to assume that it is something to do with the model, not the software per se (though I could be wrong). Have you tried it with difeerent photos after having received the error on one? I'd be interested to know if I'm the only one who has noticed this correlation (assuming it is correlated). I'm running an AMD 5600 GT graphics card - plenty of RAM and a high spec Ryzen processor, with the latest graphic drivers etc (and as I say, the very latest - at time of writing - version of PS).In summary, the problem only occurs for me on certain photos, so far blurry ones. Good luck with discovering a solution to your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wez,

I have tried colorizing several black and white images, three of which I have colorized before in a previous version of Photoshop, but to no avail. With a picture open I just select Filter>Neural Filter, and click on the button in the Colorize tab. My image opens in the preview window with the message, 'We've temporarily disabled this filter because of an error', displayed at the top. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, did you remove the file listed earlier as stated in this message: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/we-ve-temporary-disabled-this-filter-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your input. Yes. I replied at the time, that I tried that suggestion. It made no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, am having this same issue/message.  Photo Restoration and JPEG Artifact Removal both have the message at the top, but seem to be working.  Colorize and Color Transfer have the message and are greyed out option and won't allow me to use them in any way.  This has only happened since the latest update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several updates later ... No improvement. The same 'temporarily disabled' message comes up when trying to colorize automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still reasonably convinced (but could be wrong) that it isn't an error with the code (of Photshop) per se but is an issue with the model they are using, and if that's the case, then no Photoshop updates will solve it, only retraining (or updating) the model in some way will fix it. I am working on the basis that each of these tools are provided by a machine learning model.

It may not help you with your particular issue, but I found to get round ome of its limitations that cutting my image up into smaller pieces, then running each through the (neural) filter, and then stitching them together again allowed me to use it on some images that it had refused to do i.e. the temporarily disabled message, when the image was the whole one. It's a pretty sad way to have to use allegedly premier image manipulation software, but I guess most of us just want to get the job done, even if we have to use the tool we were sold as a saw, as a hammer instead. Hope you get some resolution to your problem Graham - let me know if cutting them up (if that's even feasible for whatever you're trying to achieve) works for you on images it didn't when they were whole... it may help somebody else down the line... god knows, Adobe don't overly worried about solving customer's issues. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wez,

Thanks for your input, unfortunately no change. One of the black & white images I tried to colorize was taken in a photobooth 60 years ago, the full size is only 1291x1041 pixels and 450kb. I Tried cropping to just the middle section and it still doesn't work. I have colorized this same image before several years back, it just doesn't work now. Fortunately I am not using this feature for professional purposes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Graham. I've just had the exact message when using the colorize filter for the first time. I was experimenting with an image I found online. 

My image is from pexels.com and is 5300 x 7946 at 72dpi jpeg (portrait). This yielded the disabled message for me after several attempts to colourize it.

I then lowered my width from 5300 to 2000px (taking the height to 2300) and the filter worked fine. I'd love to say why but I'm just going to assume that I'd taken it to a size that my computer could cope with!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark. Thanks for your input. I have just tried again with another old one taken in a photo booth lots of years ago. The size is 444KB, 1035 x 723 pixels and still get the same message. Oh well 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines